LT Museum/Bachmann OO models of 20142 & 20227 in LT Maroon.

Paul.Uni

• RMweb Premium

If that's the case then it is pretty poor from Bachmann not to include certain features across the whole class especially the lighting.

I agree. This would suggest that Bachmann are not announcing/promoting Class 20s without wipac lighting enough thus meaning their is less incentive financially to upgrade the tooling to feature directional lighting. Yes you would have thought that the 20/3 announcement back in January 2017 would have featured the announcement that all Class 20s would at least feature directional lighting. That would offer consistency across the board, but obviously not. 

I agree. This would suggest that Bachmann are not announcing/promoting Class 20s without wipac lighting enough thus meaning their is less incentive financially to upgrade the tooling to feature directional lighting. Yes you would have thought that the 20/3 announcement back in January 2017 would have featured the announcement that all Class 20s would at least feature directional lighting. That would offer consistency across the board, but obviously not. 

One would have thought they would cease the opportunity to do an up-graded chassis and then after the 20/3, add a new tooled body.  But, hey, by the sounds of it, Bachmann are quite happy to push old their old tooling at todays prices....  Also, there are still a good number of promises still to be produced.

Whilst the 20's in LUL would be nice, perhaps in view of the fact that the pair were going to cost between £260-£280, then for a pair of 20's that is pretty expensive.  Plus at these prices are there 504 people prepared to pay it? (there are lots of Bachmann LE's still available, including the Met 20 and the Black Tube Class 66 at London Transport Museum, plus S Stock), so maybe they think "no!".

Regards,

C. 

As far as I recall when speaking to the people on the LTM stand at Warley it was dependant on numbers interested in either one loco (or both) so as to convince folk higher in LTM / TFL that it was a viable commission. Guess looking at the above e-mail simply lack of interest was an issue . . . Shame really but may still see the light of day if enough people became interested in the future hopefully.

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Erixtar1992 said:

Super gutted this never came to anything.

emailed the LTM the other day after seeing this thread to see if there was an update and looks like they still arent really interested.

I emailed to express interest in these two when LTM announced expressions of interest and it is a shame that they haven't been produced yet, but maybe they will be in future. I would like to think so anyway. Maybe some more time just needs to pass to gain interest in the new LTM livery that these two wear. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

There may be other factors at play. Some other LT models seem to have been reduced to sell, such as the LT livery small prairie and the two Westerns, and the Class 20 tooling is relatively old and there have been plenty on here clamouring for an upgrade with lights etc. With the new Class 20/3 around the corner a Class 20/0 upgrade may follow.

So if I was the LT Museum, now would not be the time to commission these models using the existing tooling.

• Like 1