Static Grass --forming into clumps

Crepello

• RMweb Premium

I've got 2 packets of 4mm Peco 'golden wheat' and 'straw' , both of which have formed into clumps or balls within the packet. I've blitzed them in the food processor but to no real effect. I'd be grateful to know if anyone has had a similar experience and if they've found a solution. 

I've got 2 packets of 4mm Peco 'golden wheat' and 'straw' , both of which have formed into clumps or balls within the packet. I've blitzed them in the food processor but to no real effect. I'd be grateful to know if anyone has had a similar experience and if they've found a solution.

You'll find that all scatters do this but they soon part when shaken through the applicator or, you can tease the clumps out by hand.

Cheers.

Allan

hi,

there was a discussion in a German forum about the same problem. Some people used old coffee grinders to get rid of the clumps. This is also a fantastic method to thorougly mix two colors of grass. The grinders can be found cheap at ebay. Example (I know it is in the USA, it is just to demostrate the type) :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Capresso-501-Blade-Coffee-Spice-Grinder-Black-Works-Great/152792299800?hash=item2393217918:g:JSkAAOSwzgBY1eIu

hope it helps,

Michael

• 2 weeks later...