If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Ian Kirk 8854 - LNER 61'6" Corridor Restaurant First/KitchenCar

• RMweb Gold

HI all,

Currently sat OMWB is one of these finished in teak livery.

Ok - This one is meant to be the first coach in a recreation of:-

'The National Railway Museum Catering Centenary Train'

The customer gave me the details for the first coach to be going on with and supplied the basic coach kit and other parts - then went about trying to find the rest of the information out.

Now the buyer says that he asked me to build the wrong coach - maybe!

About the train:-

The train circulated the UK in the late 70's and a booklet was published:-

Jenkinson, David; St John-Smith, Emma (1980 Winter). "The National Railway Museum Catering Centenary Train". Yesteryear Transport

Currently I have been scouring various book sale companies, preservation sites, eBay, etc to locate a copy of this booklet.

Does anyone have either:-

1 - A copy of the book I can have - either to purchase or loan of so I can scan it.

2 - Details of the actual vehicles in the train.

Once I get confirmation of the vehicles - I can find more info out.

Any help available - much appreciated.

Thanks

• RMweb Gold

I don't have a copy of the leaflet mentioned, however the only LNER catering vehicle in the National Collection is D167 Buffet Car No 9135.

Hi Mike,

Long time no speak...

Last time was when I collected a bag of bits off you somewhere down south at a show!

Still have, and use, loads of your various bits. Currently your LNER bogies to go under CL303 units for the DEMU Scottish Lowlands Area Group layout. Plus the various etches and underframe castings etc that I relieved Harburn Hobbies of!

OK - Since posting - I've been checking - but the checking leads to more questionsunsure.gif

Does anyone know the ID of the Gresley Buffet or Restaurant that was scrapped after a runaway incident at Millerhill Yard?

From my various notes I think this would have been the correct coach for this train.

Thanks

Archived