RMweb

I always enjoy this show and looked forward to my visit today. I was not disappointed. This was a superb show with plenty of high quality models. As a 00 gauge steam era modeller there was plenty that suited my interest. Kirkby Stephen West and Yewston Road were amongst the highlights. There was another 00 gauge Western Region layout that I thoroughly enjoyed. I can't remember the name but it did feature the Loch Ness monster amongst a few amusing cameos. Not one for the rivet counters perhaps - but a very enjoyable never the less. 

Other layouts that caught my eye were Bridgewater, Hadley, Hergest and Penhalig Quay. I also enjoyed Tulloch Bridge. 

The layout I had most been looking forward to seeing was Arrowmouth. I remember reading about this in an early issue of Hornby Magazine. It certainly was a stunning model. My only disappointment was where this particular layout was located. Since this model features a scenic front and scenic curved sides, surely it would have been better to have it in a position where it was viewable from all three sides. Instead it was shoved in the middle of an aisle where only the front was clearly visible. Other layouts, that only had a scenic fronts, were on the end of rows where their non scenic sides were clearly viewable. Considering the space inside this hall, I would think it would have been possible to have sited this layout better.

Despite my niggles regarding Arrowmouth, it did not detract from an excellent show. There was a good range of trade and I spent some money - although I also saw the £40+ Smokey Joe which raised a smile. The catering was great and very reasonably priced. The car parking seemed well organised. Yes the car park wore the scars of yesterday's wet weather - but it was good to see that the marshals were avoiding sticking cars in the wetter areas. I had none of the problems experienced last year.

A great show - congrats to the organisers for another successful year. I look forward to returning in 2019. I hope the exhibition team are enjoying a well earned pint or three this evening.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to everyone at Stafford Railway Circle for inviting Bonnybridge down with Allanbridge, we had a great weekend with plenty of interest and lots of good comments about the layout.

We were packed and on the road for just before 18:00 and back home for 22:45, heading to the clubrooms tomorrow morning to unpack the van!

It was a great show, lots of good quality layouts, was pleased to hear Campbell's Quarry won the best in show, my son and I spent quite a bit of time watching it!

Thanks again

Craig

Thoroughly enjoyed the Stafford exhibition this year with Poulton-le-Fylde layout. All packed up now and ready for the journey back North of the border.

Would like to congratulate Colin and his team for a fantastic exhibition with many great layouts in attendance and thank them for the help and support over the weekend.

Cheers,

Poulton-le-Fylde layout team

• Like 1

I'd like to thank Colin and his team for putting on a most enjoyable show.

My first time as an exhibitor at Stafford, and coming directly off the back of an awful week, it was, strangely enough, an aspirin for a whopping headache, for me. I've booked again for next year too, and would thoroughly recommend it to any modeller..

Lots of people to chat to, meet up with old friends, chat about business, run the N gauge class 17 publicly, and enjoy the show......perfect!

Thanks guys.

Dave

• Like 1

So I had one mobility scooter try to drive over my foot, two people step back and stand on my foot and several direct hits from back packs with just one apology in total!

Charming!

You could well cut and paste that comment for virtually every exhbition there is in the land!

Huge thanks to Colin for inviting me and Dave along to abuse more plastic. Dave had lots of favourable comments on the redundant signal gantry he is bulding for Glasgow Queen St whilst I myself had a blast of a weekend. From the few chances I had to walk around and have a look, the standard of exhibits was incredibly high - it all passed far to quickly but the atmosphere was just great and everyone seemed to be having a great time.

The Glasgow Queen St (EM) team will be feverishly working our little tushes off over the next 12 months, to get the layout ready for it's debut at the Macclesfield show in 2019. If all goes well and Colin is still speaking to me by then, the layout will be appearing at Stafford in 2020, so we all look forward to that one!

cheers

Andy