• RMweb Gold

Myself, Ray and James had a great day today. Nice early start from North Devon, drizzle on way up, a few flakes of the white stuff, but no issues. Well done to the parking guys, not an easy task given the weather and ground conditions.

We all had a good wander round. Nice to see a good selection of modern image layouts and good to see the small layouts in the first hall, where there is better lighting. 

I didn't manage to get everything that I wanted, but did buy a few wagon kits.

Pretty good journey back, even the M5 / M6 roadworks were not too bad.

Well done to Colin and team. Looking forward to next year.

• Like 2

First time visit and a really good show, a chap I was talking to in the entry queue told me it was his favourite show of the year and I can see why. Well organised, OK the parking isn't without risk but the Land Rover was on hand to cure all ills on that front. Lots of things I'd never seen before, several layouts, one or two traders, Bungus behind his layout for more then 60 secs.....

Edited by RANGERS

• RMweb Premium

Thank you Andrew. You think I'm bad....that El Tel bloke is even worse! And I taught him everything he knows!

Disgusting of Market Harborough

ps anyone coming tomorrow can see me behind Friday Bridge for more than 60 seconds just like Andy! If they're lucky!

Guilty as charged.

I went to the show on Saturday and came away feeling concerned. My layout is going to be there next year and it’s only just about up to the high standard of all the layouts at the show this year.

Well done to Stafford club. Many shows have layouts of varying quality but all of the layouts at Stafford this rate as very good or better. I don’t recall ever thinking that about a show before.

Went to the show yesterday, as usual a good selection of quality layouts and traders. 

Picked up a few bits for the next layout and a bargain Beattie Well Tank from DJModels stand.

Well done Colin and Terry and all the other helpers for a great show.

It was my first visit to the show yesterday.  Some great layouts and for a change a good mix of layouts including plenty of Modern Image.  Well done to all concerned and very well organised including the free bus shuttle.  A great day out not spoilt by the weather.

• Like 1

Don't know about cats but one of the layouts has a loch ness monster :)

We found that, yes. And some cats. Here's one of them, which seems to be hoping that the workman has some ham left in his sandwiches!

post-6802-0-64854500-1517765354_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Went to the show yesterday, as usual a good selection of quality layouts and traders. 

Picked up a few bits for the next layout and a bargain Beattie Well Tank from DJModels stand.

Well done Colin and Terry and all the other helpers for a great show.

Hei, you forgot to sign for both if us! 

OK, so I didn't buy a loco but I did get a Toad, quickly passed over to Grimy Times for a thorough makeover.

Now for a few pics from my "Wait and see what happens..." group.

EDIT Clicked wrong button .... just bear with me for a few minutes for the photos.

Thanks.

Edited by southern42

• RMweb Premium

"Wait and see what happens..." Collection.

On this one, we watched the man in blue at the top push the slate wagon into the shed, then back along to the turntable on the transfer table on the incline.  We then watched the wagon go down, pulling the other table up to the top.  It was then hauled off by the loco and shunted into the siding.

post-14049-0-80620000-1517766293_thumb.jpg

This set is self explanatory.

post-14049-0-01341900-1517766242_thumb.jpg

post-14049-0-52735200-1517766247_thumb.jpg

post-14049-0-39696800-1517766245_thumb.jpg

I think we missed this one happen... :no:

post-14049-0-65765500-1517766251_thumb.jpg

This is just a wee small sample of the many delights there were to be had.

Thanks for a great show, everyone.

Edited by southern42
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Hi 

A good show with lovely layouts - purple moose brewery a top idea and the 009 layout with the incline amazingly well observed.

As Chris says above what a great set of layouts to a very high standard.  Traders good and came away a bit poorer!

My friends enjoyed show their first and impressed by all things DRS !  Food was great with a choc orange cube cake tested and approved, staff said Saturday was "manic" so this has got to be good for show and show ground.  The poor lads on carpark were parking half on road half on grass and some badly cut up grass seen, hopefully it will recover and nobody stuck over the weekend.

As noted thanks to all involved, it was great to just be a punter!

Robert   

Visited with my Dad today, we both very much enjoyed the show, excellent layouts as usual and I managed to buy almost all the bits & bobs on my shopping list which was a bonus.

Catering was very good also.

Full credit and our thanks go to the organising team! :-)

• Like 1

A lovely day and a great show. First time getting to it for me, though Natalie had been in the past.

A very nice selection of layouts, a nice balance of scales, size and eras too.

Cement quay in its changed form looked good. Brixtowe (spelling? (Tired brain can't remember) was very nicely done.

Grabbed a number of books mostly.

Will attend next year if I can manage it. Well done to all who organised it.

• RMweb Premium

On behalf of Stafford Railway Circle a massive thank you for all the positive comments.

A lot of hard work is put in by all the members of the club headed by Colin and the exhibition team and your comments makes it all worthwhile.

I’d also like to thank all the Layout Operators, Demonstrators and Traders for without them there would not be a Exhibition

And of course the many hundreds of you the Model Railway Modelers that support us each year.

Just one more thank you to the staff of the Showground and the caterers who are there in the background to make it such a successful annual event..

Time for a beer

See you all next year

• Like 11

On behalf of Stafford Railway Circle a massive thank you for all the positive comments.

A lot of hard work is put in by all the members of the club headed by Colin and the exhibition team and your comments makes it all worthwhile.

I’d also like to thank all the Layout Operators, Demonstrators and Traders for without them there would not be a Exhibition

And of course the many hundreds of you the Model Railway Modelers that support us each year.

Just one more thank you to the staff of the Showground and the caterers who are there in the background to make it such a successful annual event..

Time for a beer

See you all next year

Terry,

A friend has just phoned me and told me yours was the best show he's been to in many a year. 

I'm glad it all went well, so my congratulations to all involved. 

I was sorry I missed it, but it was the right thing to do, though Mo is much better now. 

Regards,

Tony. 

Well I visited on Sunday. Having done a conflicting move with the car on Saturday I caught the train and bus. Train down was pleasant as students not up but train back reminded me why I drive. Bus was great.

Show was good. I liked the layouts with space and which were uncluttered a few too many layouts which were mainly loco collection displays. Yewston Rd and Edge Hill did the depot theme well.

Managed to spend next to nothing. Some pricing a bit unrealistic - one trader asking £40+for a smokey joe. Didn’t look at anything else on that stand.