The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

RIP Keith Chegwin

andyram

Sad to read of the passing of Cheggers today. At the age of 60, Keith Chegwin's death was announced today. A regular name from my childhood with Swap Shop and Cheggers Plays Pop.

Same here.  The recurring words within all the tributes paid to him on the BBC from those that knew and worked with him was that he was always happy, full of life, and was the same off-screen as he was on-screen.  RIP Cheggars.  A much missed man.

Very sad and so young. He was a great character.

It's happening early this year. Several big names lost to us in the space of a week or two already. Here in France,we have also lost Johnny Halliday. Never heard of him? He was the Elvis of France.

Whilst I can't comprehend the reason for the stupid naked gameshow he once did (though I suspect a new to TV production company made it worth his while) let us not kid ourselves Keith had a serious alcohol addiction at the time his career dipped. More than likely contributing to his early demise.

But in my childhood, he was a fantastic host of teatime and Saturday morning telly fondly remembered.

C6T.