Kris' Christmas project

Kris

• RMweb Premium

A couple of days ago I purchased this.

post-163-0-73445700-1513875897_thumb.jpg

It's a white metal six wheeled full brake, that was advertised as being GWR. I can't find a picture or drawing of a full brake that looks like this (the closest I can get is a V5, but the roof is wrong for that).

The aim over the next few days will be to rebuild this and make it usable. The first task that I have done is to strip the paint as it was coated in a layer of thick gloss.

It's a very heavy model, so will only be found on short trains. 

• RMweb Premium

The paint has now all gone, and I have made a decision on the roof. It's going to a low profile, as the body seems to fit this more than a clerestory one. I have start to build this from plasticard. Doing this also cuts the weight down significantly. 

• RMweb Premium

The new roof is starting to take shape. Cocktail sticks as the gas lamp holders seem to work but one is still a little on the high side. 

post-163-0-02528800-1514048796_thumb.jpg

Edit to put the photo the right way up. 

Edited by Kris
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

After a few days away I have now got back on with the Christmas project. It's now undercoated and drying. 

It's always going to be a relatively basic model as it's N Gauge, but I will look to put on some handles for the doors, and possibly door knobs.

post-163-0-04349600-1514648592_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It’s slowly heading back to being a completed model again. Painting this livery is always a pain, particularly in N. I know it’s not perfect and there will be a lot of touching up done but there is a chance that this will be a completed model by the time I head back to work, well complete bar the transfers that I don’t have. post-163-0-49659100-1514749424_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Kris
  • Like 1