The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Mornington Crescent 2018

DavidB-AU

• RMweb Premium

Now I must invoke Stovold's fourth amendment to the 1986 update of the Victoria Variation, to get us off of all the name punning, with a Metropolian Move to

Harr(y)ow On The Hill

So starting out new game I give you

Barbican

Having killed the name game, it is a little ironic that you start the new game with Barbi can, or at least that is what Ken said.

Anyway I give you.

HAMMERSMITH

For this some out of centre theatre.

• RMweb Premium

Oh is it my turn, then, as the O2 had not been invented when the Beck map was introduced, I think we ought to adopt a DLR extension for a few moves (I can't find anything in Stovold to prevent this, so it's

Cutty Sark for Maritime Greenwich

Which takes us South of the river, and also puts Overground and Tramlink into play, unfortunately

• Like 1

What?

Di-directional?

Sir I think at the very least we are playing by Johnson's rules?

I may be wrong but l think in this case the Khan guidelines from the 2016 synod apply.

Now l must go before Matron catches me out of bed.

A map, a rule book some years of experience - I'm lost

The best way to get started is to play a move, say you are beginner, and then ask what people think of the move.

Generally I find that players are more than welcome to help, it is only when you become a seasoned player that people will put you in 'nip' or force you into diagonals and loops.

As a hint following London Bridge above, I would suggest going north of the river and playing a westbound Piccadilly Line station or just a plain simple Northern Line move, any branch or direction.

You will soon find that your handicap starts to come down.

Here is a link to Ross Noble's first ever game, which shows just how bold you can be with your moves>

Edited by Jamiel