The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Mornington Crescent 2018

DavidB-AU

Samantha has reset the laser display board to update the new year and the 2018 edition of Stovold's Almanac should have arrived last week. So we open a new game. The first game of the year dictates Standard Metropolitan Variation.

Ravenscourt Park

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Oh no, not those as well - I may need to get a fresh wild card from Barry Cryer, but he's not visited our local theatre for a while, so let's say that for this year, my scope is limited to standard play.

So let's go slip sliding away to

MUDCHUTE

• RMweb Premium

I was well on my way to MC when I remembered that my wild card is invalid this year until I can get it renewed by Barry (unlikely), so it has to be a Bakerloo Bounce to

REGENTS PARK

Puts the Northern back in play, but City branch only for now, so MC still not playable.

Clue - a Piccadilly Pass might help here, but puts me in nip for three moves.

Edited by 45156
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I think we haven't finished our mainline termini yet so jubilantly on to London Bridge....

Actually we had, with five after Paddington so that need has been met and fulfilled, and it's not my turn yet, but I have a brilliant move planned provided it doesn't get messed up in the meantime.

Oops, I missed the five more requirement, so I must now stand in the corner for a few moves with the pointed hat on my head.

Edited by 45156
  • Like 1

Actually we had, with five after Paddington so that need has been met and fulfilled, and it's not my turn yet, but I have a brilliant move planned provided it doesn't get messed up in the meantime.

Oops, I missed the five more requirement, so I must now stand in the corner for a few moves with the pointed hat on my head.

45156 - that's not on the board!

I'm surprised nobody else saw that foul move. If I am not mistaken all prior calls are cancelled and on top of that I am going to call the Fast Eddie Hustle to claim two free goes and may as well finish this round off with

MORNINGTON CRESCENT

Anyone fancy the Holden variation - in which case I start with SUDBURY TOWN

• RMweb Premium

Ooh you are a rotter, a cad, and it leaves me with no option than to reply with a move in the Holden tradtion, and with the DLR in play, with

CUTTY SARK FOR MARITIME GREENWICH

Edited by 45156