Short?

kiwitrains

I need some help, have had DCC for some time on a few layouts without any problems so this one came out of the blue, small layout 8x5 with Lenz 100 controller installed a Peco SLE 189 point for a siding and power to the siding and of course power on the mainline. Problem is when I power up the system shuts down a short I think if I disconnect the power to the siding all is well until I switch the point and then again shuts down. Do I need some insulated fishplates for the point or could it be something else. Thanks in anticipation.

• RMweb Gold

I need some help, have had DCC for some time on a few layouts without any problems so this one came out of the blue, small layout 8x5 with Lenz 100 controller installed a Peco SLE 189 point for a siding and power to the siding and of course power on the mainline. Problem is when I power up the system shuts down a short I think if I disconnect the power to the siding all is well until I switch the point and then again shuts down. Do I need some insulated fishplates for the point or could it be something else. Thanks in anticipation.

Sounds like you need to add plastic joiners on both frog rails of the point.

Andi