R3662 Hornby Class 153 in GWR Livery - Information

Derails Models

Surely a FGW ‘local lines’ one would have been a better option. As they wore this livery for a fair few years!

But EVERYONE (okay Bachmann) keep telling us it isnt possible to get a decent rendition of the Local Lines livery, even though its something Realtrack managed to do on their excellent 143s,

Surely a FGW ‘local lines’ one would have been a better option

Whether it would have been is a moot point now but remember they did do a 153 in FGW "basic" livery. Equally I'm not sure how much relevance  the length of time any livery lasted has to how many models get sold.

As for RTR reproductions of "local lines" it has been done by RealTrack and Dapol but on shortish lengths so wonder if there is more to this. Solution - indulge in a bit of modelling as both vinyls and decals are available.

Stu

• RMweb Gold

Whether it would have been is a moot point now but remember they did do a 153 in FGW "basic" livery. Equally I'm not sure how much relevance  the length of time any livery lasted has to how many models get sold.

As for RTR reproductions of "local lines" it has been done by RealTrack and Dapol but on shortish lengths so wonder if there is more to this. Solution - indulge in a bit of modelling as both vinyls and decals are available.

Stu

If anyone fancies giving it a go I can recommend Precision Labels transfers, Revell Gloss Blue for the lighter blue, Phoenix First Group Blue for the darker and First Group Magenta for the doors.

post-462-0-39771300-1547981382_thumb.jpg

Edited by Red Fox
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Wow that is amazing. Did you use an airbrush and what technique did you use to get the transition from dark to light blue?

Thank you.  It was with an airbrush, light blue on first and then dark blue gently applied from the bottom up.   Pictures of it from primer to finish are on my Twitter https://twitter.com/SWMainLine/status/999272067290796033 as are ones of my FGW 158/9 which was done in the same way.