Thurstaston British Rail

JBM37404

Hello all, its with great delight my modelling mojo is returning at a steady rate. Following a direction in the change of my career I have permission from Control for an 8 x 2 foot N gauge project. My last plan Monks Ferry 1990 is on the planning radar but is a long time off due to the costs in the hobby now preventing me from purchasing much stock after my previous models were sold.

Location will be a what if based on Thurstaston on the Wirral still being open. Its now part of the Wirral country park which I often visit. My rule 1 sees its still open and part of a line from West Kirby to Hooton. BR a la Hooton has not been able to extend the 3rd rail past Thursaston and as such services from Liverpool terminate here for DMUs to serve Hooton, Chester and beyond. Freight for Birkenhead Docks passes through and Cement from Hope sidings and Fuel from Stanlow arrives and is unloaded in the sidings. Era will be circa 1990 but will possibly save up for a Grafar 40 to switch clock back a few years when the mood takes.

Track plan is an oval with 2 platforms and some sidings for a Cement terminal and small fuel depot. Also from the Left hand side the track will be 3rd rail electrified and non electrified going to the right.

Track will be code 55 and DCC control will be used.

Stock will be gained at a steady rate and first on the workbench is an N-Train 507 3 car kit Blue Grey with a Tomytec Chassis now arrived from Japan.