Kidmore Boxed

• 2 weeks later...

Following constructive comments at a recent exhibition appearance of "Kidmore Boxed", I have moved the electrical connector points from the side of the original (LHS) layout to the underneath.  This has permitted the creation of a removable scenic infill between the two boxes.  So allowing for both the rims of the two boxes and their handles, a small stream has been made to lead up to the connecting bridge (see bridge image with wires showing above).

The frame has been created with foam board on a balsa framing with my usual method of polystyrene covered by plaster bandage for the banks.  "Water" has been prepared by having five coats of clear varnish finishing with an additional five coats of "Realistic Water".

IMG_1567.JPG

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Doing some catching up on my reading in this part of RMweb so I'm a bit late to this thread, but just wanted to say how much I enjoyed reading about this/these one/two layout(s)/modules - some really impressive and very effective modelling.

One of the issues I need to work round is the need to find some permanent storage space - the principal storage room where I live is a cellar which is a bit damp. Not ideal, but everything is kept in plastic crates - mostly large RUB ones. I'd not thought of them for layout storage, but this modular approach opens up numerous possibilities - the stackable nature of the boxes is a useful feature.