class 44

gillinghamgus

Hattons sent my class 44 last week very nice too.. 44004 Great Gable, the only short fall is in the detail pack are ETH/ETS cables which these didn't have and 12 Yellow closed disks and only 4 white open disks? that's for 8 holes, 4 at each end of the loco. Why not 8 of each or 10 for any problems?

Anyway I have written to Bachmann but only got the standard reply. doubt any action will be taken?

More problematic is that the parcel was sent by DHL and was delivered, however I keep getting an E-mail from DHL USA telling me to open an attachment to get the deliver slip to hand to the post office this is an EXE file so I won't be opening that file.

anyway the loco looks really nice and good to see the sprung buffers are brass? not those horrible plastic ones on previous locos. Now for a 45 with sealed beam indicator lights and a couple with head lights too please Bachmann.

In regards to the disks, all of the head codes that I am aware of, with one exception, were made up of one or two open disks. So you should only need 4 disks for most situaltions. The only exception that I am aware of is if the locomotive is hauling the Royal Train, in which case all 4 disks would be open.

Colin Martin

More problematic is that the parcel was sent by DHL and was delivered, however I keep getting an E-mail from DHL USA telling me to open an attachment to get the deliver slip to hand to the post office this is an EXE file so I won't be opening that file.

Quite right too, you should definitely delete these emails. It is almost certainly one of several well known recent types of spam and probably contains something nasty -- try typing 'dhl spam' into google.

Nick

In regards to the disks, all of the head codes that I am aware of, with one exception, were made up of one or two open disks. So you should only need 4 disks for most situaltions. The only exception that I am aware of is if the locomotive is hauling the Royal Train, in which case all 4 disks would be open.

Colin Martin

is there not a 3 disk option to? but even so why 12 closed yellow? cheers

is there not a 3 disk option to? but even so why 12 closed yellow? cheers

For both the 1962-1969 system and the 1969-1977 system, of the 11 possible combinations, 8 displays 2 discs, 2 displays 1 disc and the final option as stated for the royal train which uses all four discs.

IIRC the packs have been like that with all the model's I have received from Bachmann with disc indication head-codes. Personally I would like to have 6 white open, and 10 closed disc's per-pack. But I'd take a wild stab in the dark that the number of discs supplied is just down to how many come off the plastic sprues, and how many sprues are produced for each run or what-have-you.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings All,

Does anyone know if Bachmann have changed anything mechanically with the new batch of Peaks? I've got a set of Ultrascales designed for the last batch so I'd be eager to hear if they're suitable for the new release. Those splitters are damn tempting....

Thanks in advance,

Pix

Archived