CANCELLED - Preston Model Railway Exhibition - March 3rd & 4th 2018

Jeremy Davison

• RMweb Gold

Whilst earlier in the week,we were still prepared to travel form Surrey with the layout, after last nights problems on the roads  I think Preston made the correct decision despite that part of Lancashire appearing to be Ok , most other parts of the country aren't and as with many well respected shows many traders and exhibitors do travel long distances. Leamington and Warwick show has also been cancelled and we would have had to travel through that area to get to Preston.

Hopefully we can attend the Preston show in a future year.

At least five model rail events cancelled this weekend (so far?) so Preston evidently made the correct and timely decision.

I wish them well for the future and hope this is not too damaging for them as a club.

Here's hoping we can support you guys next time.

John.

The people who are questioning the decision to cancel the exhibition obviously do not watch or listen to warnings. Parts of deepest darkest South Wales have had 52cm of snow( that’s 18 inches in old money), plus drifting. That’s roughly the height of the wheels on the Vauxhall Vivaro that I could not get out of the house to collect. We are not the only ones I am surepost-30121-0-03457200-1520017398_thumb.jpeg

I agree with Graham (previous post), I was booked as one of his operators. Nothing has moved on our road all day due to snow drifts. Things are moving on the main road which is about half a mile away but if I could have got the car that far, there is no way it would have managed the trip over to Graham's - too many hills. Preston got it right.

• Like 1