Humbrol metalcote paint

Having bought Humbrol polshed steel Metalcote paint ref 27003( 14mm tin enamel ) , a few years ago , i will probably require some more plus some  gunmetal  ref 27004 i know the acrylics version is available but whats happened to the enamel range , every model shop i go to has none of the Metalcote range , have they been withdrawn due to their chemical content ?

Having bought Humbrol polshed steel Metalcote paint ref 27003( 14mm tin enamel ) , a few years ago , i will probably require some more plus some  gunmetal  ref 27004 i know the acrylics version is available but whats happened to the enamel range , every model shop i go to has none of the Metalcote range , have they been withdrawn due to their chemical content ?

I don't it's been made for some years now, whether due to the chemicals used or maybe just lack of demand.

• Like 1

27003 has been unobtainable for many months, pre dating the Rustins Factory fire. I managed to buy 3 tins from Hattons in November but I think that they will have sold out by now. Every Humbrol shop I have been in, Has said they have had it on order for months but no sign of delivery.

I suspect we will not see it again.

David

Assuming you have one ? try your local Hobby Craft store, they may have some old stock..........

• RMweb Premium

I was stocking up on paint etc. in my local model shop today and was going to buy some more Metalcote Gunmetal, but the slot in the Humbrol dispenser was empty as were those for the other Metalcote colours.  On enquiring I was informed that the Metalcote colours are still listed for this year's range, but they didn't know when to expect more stock.  Luckily I've still got some, for now.