Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Bullfrog snot

It works well once you practice how to apply it. I water it down slightly and use a brush to apply a thin even coat, then leave the wheels spinning for 30 minutes or so and then apply another coat. After applying the coats and another 30 minutes spin leave it overnight to cure. I have a few locos that are a bit light footed and it has cured them.

As above works well if you put it on correctly - small amounts on the end of a cocktail stick and run the motor and a medium speed and keep it running whilst it sets a bit. I personally have had no issues with power even on single pickup lima models.

I tried it on a Hornby Dublo R1 0-6-0T. The haulage was increased, but current pick up was seriously affected. There was also a bit of wobble, but that was due to my incompetence in applying it, A later second attempt failed as the stuff had dried up (again probably due to incompetence in not closing the container properly.

Basically it has all the drawbacks of traction tyres, apart from needing a groove in the wheel tyre.