plastic gear wheel 3mm bore 14 teeth

• RMweb Gold

https://shop.kkpmo.com/index.php

these people will make you one if you can't find it elsewhere.

You will need a bit more info -  like what module it is  and the thickness.

You can calculate the module from the outside diameter and number of teeth - have attached an explanation of the formula

Gear Module Formulae.pdf

• Like 1

It's actually a Hornby Sentinel gear. I'm attempting to convert the MSC version to P4 using AGW WD tender wheels and not the Ultrascale wheels which are unavailable to all intents and purposes.

The gear wheel is very eccentric once it is tapped off the Hornby axle. This axle is very heavily splined leaving the bore woefully out of round. I intend to chuck it and go again but first I have to find an appropriate gear wheel; hence the query.

Edited by PenrithBeacon

Ultrascale wheels which are unavailable to all intents and purposes.

You just need to be patient and "go on the list" for enough to warrant a batch. I've used the P4 ones and they are to P4 profile but with a thinner tread to obviate carving the inside of the sideframes. And yes, there is a production delay. But if you ordered two or more sets then you could probably offer the overs for sale and get your money back, with the knowledge that you've speeded up the process.

And if using the Alan Gibson wheels, I just use their coach wheels rather than the more expensive bogie or tender ones. 

It's actually a Hornby Sentinel gear. I'm attempting to convert the MSC version to P4 using AGW WD tender wheels and not the Ultrascale wheels which are unavailable to all intents and purposes.

The gear wheel is very eccentric once it is tapped off the Hornby axle. This axle is very heavily splined leaving the bore woefully out of round. I intend to chuck it and go again but first I have to find an appropriate gear wheel; hence the query.

sorry thought it might help,I wanted to make an em sentinel bt the ultrascale wheels were a six month lead, and the rest, so flogged it and forgot about a sentinel