Short circuit

russ p

Well that's all very well for you Russ what are the rest of us going to do for entertainment now?

Hear bloody hear. You'd think the least he could do was cock something else up, 'cos there's nowt else interesting going on. It's a lot more fun reading about other peoples struggles than going through your own.  :onthequiet:  :angel:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Started the next board today but on completion of every section of cross wiring with the speaker cable I've done a continuity test so hopefully last weeks problems won't be repeated

Thanks for the advice in previous posts

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but if you have a spare buzzer/bell and battery, connect them across the bus whilst you are wiring. If you try to connect something the wrong way you get an audible warning.

• RMweb Gold

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but if you have a spare buzzer/bell and battery, connect them across the bus whilst you are wiring. If you try to connect something the wrong way you get an audible warning.

Also drive points over manually (or power) to check there is no short introduced if a point is reversed.

I bought a Simpsons version of operation which we planned to use to make a continuity tester - so each time it detected a short it would go "Doh!" (well it made me laugh)