E-bay.... Older O scale Atlas freight car lots.

Tove

This is a head`s up for the US O scalers amongst us.....

There are several mixed lots of the older Atlas freight cars on e-bay at the moment. (in the US)

So if your after some cheap foder for your freight car conversions or just after some to do up,then check these out;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=timmerg&item=132483452968&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.XAtlas.TRS0&_nkw=Atlas&_sacat=0

You need to go about half way down to find them.

They are a mixed bunch,but they are cheap,even with the postage and duties.

As an example,i`ve just brought 10 freight cars made up of,2x cabooses-2x boxcars-2x RBL boxcars- 2x gon`s & 2x cattle cars,for £95 all in!.

OK the trucks/couplers are pretty usless and need changing,(but i`d have to do that anyhow for P48) but for chopping up and re-building into other freight cars there well worth it...from my point of view!.

Brian.

• Like 1

Either that, or the dreaded proviso "No shipping outside Lower 48". :rolleyes: :mad: :(

That i can handle,and just carry on looking.

But i`ve come across a couple of late (particularly in Canada) that have no such restrictions listed,that won`t let me buy the item or even contact the seller...arghhh!!.

Brian.

• 2 weeks later...

As an example,i`ve just brought 10 freight cars made up of,2x cabooses-2x boxcars-2x RBL boxcars- 2x gon`s & 2x cattle cars,for £95 all in!.

OK the trucks/couplers are pretty usless and need changing,(but i`d have to do that anyhow for P48) but for chopping up and re-building into other freight cars there well worth it...from my point of view!.

Brian.

P48?!  Oh yes, that's what Mike Calvert's box says - NWSL P48 33" wheelsets.  Just in case you want any. 

Jason