Slater's BR 20T Brake Van

Nickey Line

• RMweb Gold

I edited the picture in post 45 to make it brighter.  The underframe gubbins is somewhat clearer.  My photography is sometimes crap.

John

I was referring to my own pic! It's a mobile phone pic so is also crap.

I didn't make mine full length though; they're cut short behind the wheels. No, I don't know why I did that either...

• 1 year later...

You've done a great job there, handrails can be a challenge.

Something I always do with my wagon builds is, right after painting, give the whole thing a coat of Glosscote.  This helps to hide any inconsistencies in paint but mostly helps to adhere the transfers.  Following transfer application I give the model a coat of Dullcote.  I think these varnish applications give the model a professional looking finish.  Then I go and destroy the effect by weathering.

Ermm, don't Slaters supply transfers? 

John

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, brossard said:

You've done a great job there, handrails can be a challenge.

Something I always do with my wagon builds is, right after painting, give the whole thing a coat of Glosscote.  This helps to hide any inconsistencies in paint but mostly helps to adhere the transfers.  Following transfer application I give the model a coat of Dullcote.  I think these varnish applications give the model a professional looking finish.  Then I go and destroy the effect by weathering.

Ermm, don't Slaters supply transfers? 

John

Thanks!

I paint some Klear on the areas where the transfers go, then spray matt. Seems to work.

Slater's do provide transfers but only N.E. markings, not B.R. I've obtained some from Old Time Workshop.

Edited by Nickey Line
  • Informative/Useful 1