RMweb

Cashback sites.

Free At Last

Does anyone use cashback sites?

I first used Quidco https://www.quidco.com/ in 2007 to get £75 back on car insurance from Esure on what was already a good quote.

The next was my buildings insurance that was linked to my mortgage. When the yearly statement came there was over £200 added for insurance which I noticed was underwritten by Churchill, I got a direct quote from Churchill for the same cover for £68 and got £60 cashback.

When my next two car insurances were due I changed them to Churchill who gave very competitive quotes and got £100 cashback on each one, a quote for a 4 year old MX5 was £170, the cashback made it £70.

I have been using Topcashback https://www.topcashback.co.uk/ for a few years now and had a few hundred pounds back. I only do it for insurance policies now but there are many online retailers that work with these sites giving various %age cashbacks. I got quite a few bob back a couple of years back when I decided to renew all my kitchen appliances.

Last weekend I renewed my home insurance with Aviva, renewal quote was £120, I let it expire and got a new quote for £110 and £50 cashback.

If staying with the same company you need to let the insurance expire to be able to get a new quote.

You don't get the cashback immediately, they wait a few months to make sure you don't cancel the policy after getting the cashback.

If you have used them what did you think, it's a no brainer for me.

• RMweb Premium

Yes I use TopCashBack often, for any reasonable purchases I'll always check. Aside from utilities, travel companies are usually very good - Expedia, LastMinute, Hotels.com etc. As you say, no reason not too really, aside from a tiny bit of faff. Think I got about £600 last year.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I use Topcashback. There was a time when you could get cash back at Modelzone, that was in the last few months before they went bust. 

Unfortunately having just tried to log in for the first time in a month it appears that they have changed a few things and it is not nearly as user friendly as it was. 

• Like 1