The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Doh! matched the paint wrong...

ianmianmianm

Oh that's really disappointing. I was hoping to see the bloke with the big bucket of filler going over the weld lines so the passengers don't notice the joins and start wondering ...

I remember, whilst I was at Smiths Dock in North Shields in 1966, that they lengthened a bulk carrier by cutting and floating one half into another dock, building an extra 30 or 40 feet on the other end, and then floating the end back and joining it again. It certainly impressed this, then newly out of college, 18 year old.

The Name "Booker Venture" comes to mind as the ship, but it was over 50 years ago so could be wrong.

Phil Traxson  

I remember, whilst I was at Smiths Dock in North Shields in 1966, that they lengthened a bulk carrier by cutting and floating one half into another dock, building an extra 30 or 40 feet on the other end, and then floating the end back and joining it again. It certainly impressed this, then newly out of college, 18 year old.

The Name "Booker Venture" comes to mind as the ship, but it was over 50 years ago so could be wrong.

Phil Traxson  

http://www.sunderlandships.com/view.php?a1PageSize=20&exact=1&year_built=&builder=&a1Page=20&ref=100082&vessel=BOOKER+VENTURE