Help with fitting Hornby decoder X9659 into a Hornby Peckett

Craig85

Just a quick cry for help regarding fitting one of Hornbys X9659 4 pin decoder into a peckett loco as I have being trying to fit the dam thing in, but no matter how I try I can't reattach the loco back to its chassis with the decoder in place. Any pointers or alternative suggestions greatly received. 

Cheers

Craig

Just a quick cry for help regarding fitting one of Hornbys X9659 4 pin decoder into a peckett loco as I have being trying to fit the dam thing in, but no matter how I try I can't reattach the loco back to its chassis with the decoder in place. Any pointers or alternative suggestions greatly received. 

Cheers

Craig

The decoder has to clip into the space at the front of the motor; Hornby have designed it to retain their decoder out of the way of the body when reassembled. Make sure no wires are in front of the decoder location.

I fitted somewhat smaller TCS M1 decoders to all of my Pecketts, and had to use some Blu-tack to hold the decoder in position. The photo shows the area concerned, with the proviso that I can't show you the Hornby 4-pin decoder clipped properly into place.

39295528970_0dcc0d1c23_b.jpgHornby Peckett with TCS M1 Decoder Installed - 1 cropped by Jeffrey Lynn, on Flickr

Edited by SRman