The use of company logos

The museum is, of course, owned by TfL, so everything in the shop is licensed goods, or made directly for TfL.

I have a dim recollection that all earnings from licensing the use of the logo go directly to the museum funds, and that the museum team administer the process of licensing on behalf of the whole concern ....... if I’m right about this, it is no wonder that the logo is so well guarded.

Edited by Nearholmer

I would have thought that a model railway exhibition, especially one put on by a magazine, was commercial use. Even though the owner of an item carrying a logo receives no reward the item is being used to help another business make a profit.

The same could equally be said of licensed products being displayed. The manufacturer's licence almost certainly does not cover non-sales activity of the product (or sales activity past the manufacturer) because it does not need to do so as that is fair use, and also any such licencing terms would likely get torn apart in court.

I suspect that if a company started getting heavy handed about logo use with a railway modeller, a quick email to the press or social media exposure would calm them down.

A headline like “Nerdy train modeller de-railed by Big Nasty Corporation” doesn’t look good; no-one likes a bully.

Any good PR department would turn it to their advantage.