Bachmann Jubilee V3.5 - How to remove start delay

daltonparva

Hello. I have a few Bachmann Jubilees that over the years I put their sound chips ex Kolaphur into. The sound is good enough for a know-nothing philistine like me, but the time it takes the loco to respond from moving the controller is a real pain. Does anyone know if and what CV's can be altered to get rid of this delay, and if the hooter that sounds everytime before it moves could be removed easily that would be a bonus. Thanks.

Edited by daltonparva

Hi

I too have Kolhapur and will be interested in any answers.

I run Kolhapur with sound on analogue DC (despite what the Bachmann instructions say)..  You don't say whether you are on analogue or digital.

Hello. I have a few Bachmann Jubilees that over the years I put their sound chips ex Kolaphur into. The sound is good enough for a know-nothing philistine like me, but the time it takes the loco to respond from moving the controller is a real pain. Does anyone know if and what CV's can be altered to get rid of this delay, and if the hooter that sounds everytime before it moves could be removed easily the would be a bonus. Thanks.

Regards

Ray

• 2 weeks later...

Hi gents ;

I too have this factory sound fitted loco and would also be interested to leatn of any adjustments to CV's that could be made to achieve a silent delay free start.....

I am in no way frustrated by this feature but intrigued as to whether it could be altered .

Many thanks.

• RMweb Premium

There probably isn't a simple answer, I'm afraid. These factory fitted decoders are pre loaded with a high degree of inertia to simulate pulling away/stopping with a heavy load. Normally reducing the CV values in CV3 and CV4 will reduce the inertia. Problem is there are other CV Values linked to this inertia which may mean you loose some of the sync between sound and wheel revolution. Things are a lot simpler with a programmer but I'm not sure if these types of decoder can all be reprogrammed in all areas. Try playing with lower values in CV3 to start with, this is the rate of acceleration. If you don't like the results or want to go back enter a value of 8 in CV8. This will reset the decoder to the original factory values.

One cannot be sure!

I run analogue DC and I always alter CVs. I use a SPROG (from my laptop) and a programming track.

I am sure the OP would not be asking about CVs if they were using DC.

There are a number of Posts on my Blog about running sound locos on analouge DC - this one for example:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/880/entry-19266-a-sound-choice-%E2%80%93-Hornby-king-on-analogue-dc/

Regards

Ray

Edited by Silver Sidelines