RMweb

RMWeb Gamer's Lounge.

Classsix T

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Clagsniffer said:

Anyone planning on getting Rage 2? It’s due out any day now, kinda slipped under the radar a bit. Really enjoyed the first one so I could be tempted.

No.

And I liked the first one, despite car handling being well sub Motorstorm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

This should be fun for a retro game night, mini SNES with 21 classic games pre loaded, stuff like Mario kart and star wing, street fighter etc

66A66D40-ECE1-41DA-91AD-2838BE2A33A5.jpg

also anyone in the midlands looking for a Nintendo switch, clearance bargains (official Argos outlet) in Walsall have them in stock, 12 months warranty, as new for an amazing £149, that’s a saving over over £100 on the Argos catalog price 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Had a play on the mini SNES earlier, fired up starfox which back in 1993 was the pinnacle of gaming sophistication with its amazing graphics and 3D polygon graphics, looking back 25 odd years later is quite frankly not aged well at all!

cant fault the old mario games on it though

speaking of which I got mario bros deluxe for the switch today as well which is a great game, not that I’ve seen it much as the youngest has taken it for his switch!

• Like 2

I bought Rage 2, been playing it all weekend and it’s great fun I have to say. Bit dissapointed with the selection of guns, but the ones that are there are good, with plenty mods. Big open world map, loads of things to do but all of it worth doing. I’d describe it as Mad max crossed with Doom (latest version). Anyways I’m enjoying it which is surprising as it’s been a long time since I’ve enjoyed a new release.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Clagsniffer said:

I bought Rage 2, been playing it all weekend and it’s great fun I have to say. Bit dissapointed with the selection of guns, but the ones that are there are good, with plenty mods. Big open world map, loads of things to do but all of it worth doing. I’d describe it as Mad max crossed with Doom (latest version). Anyways I’m enjoying it which is surprising as it’s been a long time since I’ve enjoyed a new release.

"May contain content...blah blah."

No s**t!

C6T. 

I watched the game play trailer...a "PEGI EIGHTEEN" intro' deemed inadequate, apparently, for a game which few people could possibly confuse with Happy Valley, given its title?

Anyway, the review scores seem mixed in their reception of Rage2, let us know how you get on wontcha, please?

Reviews stating Days Gone lack of strength in plot and story is what mostly put me off buying that game. I'm enjoying what I've played of Metro Exodus (fps perspective notwithstanding) story & npc interaction is satisfying.

Without knowing differently, I'd automatically assume that Rage2 play concentration was essentially about carnage (which has its place, admittedly) than WHY friend gamer is tasked with shooting up the gaff willy nilly. If you don't mind, natch.

C6T. 

Edited by Classsix T

Huh. It'd seem post-apocalyptic games are the in thing. Absolutely nothing to do with the tiny hands orange dope doing the rounds, obvs.

PSN informs me a Borderlands title is up for grabs for June. The franchise has been on my interest radar for sometime but I've never played one, anyone care to opine?

C6T. 

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Classsix T said:

Huh. It'd seem post-apocalyptic games are the in thing. Absolutely nothing to do with the tiny hands orange dope doing the rounds, obvs.

PSN informs me a Borderlands title is up for grabs for June. The franchise has been on my interest radar for sometime but I've never played one, anyone care to opine?

C6T. 

Handsome collection (2 and Presequel) are currently free on Playstation +

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Classsix T said:

Played 2 and quite enjoyed it although it sometimes dragged on a bit (guess the assumption was for more than one player, I played it solo).

• Thanks 1

Worth mentioning I think that the other game on offer to PSN subscribers this month is Sonic Mania, and similarly with James Brown and Bob Marley, if you don't like them, there's something wrong with you. (imo, natch.) 

C6T. 

So, E3 wraps-up today and despite being a no-show from Sony, plenty of cross platform game news to be exited about. 

Personal interest has been with Cyberpunk 2077 and Jedi: Fallen Order but a surprise has been the reveal of Watch Dogs Legion. Further afield I'll be keeping an eye on how FFVII's remake pans out. 

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/e3-2019-schedule/

C6T. 

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Classsix T said:

So, E3 wraps-up today and despite being a no-show from Sony, plenty of cross platform game news to be exited about. 

Personal interest has been with Cyberpunk 2077 and Jedi: Fallen Order but a surprise has been the reveal of Watch Dogs Legion. Further afield I'll be keeping an eye on how FFVII's remake pans out.

Jedi: Fallen Order looks promising but I'll definitely wait until there are enough reviews and opinions out there before I decide to spend money on an EA Star Wars game.

9 minutes ago, Reorte said:

Jedi: Fallen Order looks promising but I'll definitely wait until there are enough reviews and opinions out there before I decide to spend money on an EA Star Wars game.

I'm not suggesting we shouldn't be cagey, but aiui Respawn as the Dev is working directly with Disney on the game and EA is purely along as manufacture and distribution publisher, probably contractually as with the current crop of SW games.

I hope!

C6T. 

13 hours ago, Ian J. said:

Cyberpunk 2077 is definitely on my radar.

I don't know why they stuck Keanu in it though? I was going to buy it anyway.

Maybe they simply can't get into the building for all the Witcher 3 profits....

GTSport continues to entertain and in a link to the real world, had GT3 & LMP1 races in Manufacturers and Nations Cup competitions respectively at Circuit la Sarthe. Qualified and finished 2nd after a thoroughly enjoyable battle with a Spanish gamer.

6926624188433171984_0.jpg.50a7fc7bb7d532069bd63ff65ff6c7bd.jpg

7061732178862801424_0.jpg.cff7e0a7220b8e2eabcecd41262909d4.jpg

C6T -  Tractor Rent & Hire. 

Edited by Classsix T

I like to think we cover more in the Lounge than just the games we play. Interesting article here about Govt. vs Games Industry:

https://www.kotaku.co.uk/2019/06/19/a-parliamentary-committee-grilled-ea-and-epic-reps-badly

Round 1 to the Games bunch, who at least know what they're talking about.

If you only speed read it, take time to digest the last two paragraphs. This is rap music & video nasties version three. Government policy dictated by media hype and horror stories, or, there's one kid at school that had his Pokemon cards nicked, so we're banning Pokemon. Sigh.

C6T. 

Edited by Classsix T

1 hour ago, Reorte said:

From that - "I would tell you EA is already a very responsible company". :D :D :D

Didn't you feel though that the Games people were the ones who came out of it unscathed for the pure and simple reason the Committee hadn't a clue what they were on about? 

I've seen a few of these Parliamentary Q&As before (plus George Galloway's appearance before a Senate hearing, which is worth a YouTube search BTW) and in the main, cross party boards seem to be made up of younger back-benchers with a genuine interest in the task at hand (as opposed to a certain MEPs inclusion on the EU Fisheries Committee for example). I assume this lot are primarily there for looking into social media, online news and the like. Online gaming is possibly a departure.

However, given their age profile, they can't be absolutely ignorant of gaming from their own youth or at least must have children of their own that are familiar with games? Maybe I'm just so invested in gaming it seems alien to me that someone around my age range could be so out of touch, doubly so if tasked with an investigation into alleged industry malpractices!

Contradictory to that though, I've not played FIFA/Fortnite/Battlefront etc myself, but here's the rub, I might want to given I am due to possibly recommend and formulate future Government policy! FFS!

C6T. 

Edited by Classsix T
  • Agree 1

Contrary to what Kotaku reported, this month's PSN games are pleasant enough arcade racer Horizon Chase Turbo and, rather surprisingly, the digital deluxe edition of Detroit: Become Human - which has Heavy Rain bolted on! 

I took advantage of the current sale and downloaded The Witcher 3 for less than seven and a half quid. 

Just had a bash and am impressed with the Skyrim play with Horizon Zero Dawn looks, gonna take some time to master though! As is trying not to think of Kurt Russell as Snake Plissken when Geralt talks...

C6T.