JOURNEY'S END

• RMweb Premium

Many thanks for the feedback/comments Andy, always appreciated. And yes, I do wonder, that if by having constructed six cakebox projects, that I'll set a record, for this particular competition at least?!?!

Not only have you knocked out six CBC's but you have always managed to keep the modelling standard high and that's an achievement in itself.

Regards

Mark

Journey’s End is coming along nicely, as can be seen in the photos below. I’ve added/painted some buffer stops, while also I couldn’t resist adding some graffiti to the retaining wall (those graffiti artists seem to get everywhere!). But a major recent accomplishment had been the construction of the platform canopy, coal staithes and lineside hut (abandoned), all from a spare sheet of card from a Metcalfe kit. It was a bit of a task getting the canopy to line up more or less spot on, but I have to say that I’m happy with the result, now this and the hut and coal staithes are to be given “paint jobs”. I also need to add some more small details, i.e. a seat on the platform, some figures/passengers, BR workers shifting the redundant track, also some pallets or something similar will go on the loading dock, while a bit more weathering, scenicing etc. needs to be done. Still, this shouldn’t take too long, and I envisage the model being complete next week sometime, and I look forward to seeing it in it’s final, finished form.

post-32881-0-45943300-1532783436_thumb.jpg

post-32881-0-96700100-1532783437_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

JOURNEY’S END

THE GRAND FINALE

Well, after a bit more work, ie painting, detailing, adding “bits and bobs” etc., I’m now proud to present “Journey’s End” in it’s final finished form. Its taken a short (ish) while to complete, but I’m pleased with the final result, and below are some pictures of the completed model. A group of passengers can be see waiting for a local service DMU to arrive, while at the same time, one can also witness a busy scene in the goods yard, what with  goods & coal wagons waiting to be unloaded, and an 04 shunter about to remove a loaded van from the siding. The other two pictures show the DMU (or at least part of it) having arrived/the 04 and wagon departed, also a close-up of the BR workers removing the redundant track. All-in-all then I feel, quite a nice, compact little scene.

But now, a little sadly :( , and as they used to say at the end of those old cartoons many years ago, “that’s all folks”, for “Journey’s End” is my sixth and final CBC model, all I need to do now is build a shelf on which to keep/display this and my other CBC’s! But, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed :)  the CBC experience, something a little bit different from the norm, also of course a bit of a challenge, what working in a small space. I dare say I may attempt something similar in the future (possibly even a modular layout made up of sections 8” square?), meantime good luck to all entrants in the CBC, and may the best model win :victory: .

post-32881-0-99137400-1533149309_thumb.jpg

post-32881-0-57118100-1533149311_thumb.jpg

post-32881-0-12832100-1533149313_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew Cockburn
  • Like 2

Guest Saltburn

Andrew another great model you have produced i have enjoyed watching this model develope great detailing and scenery work..