RMweb

Railmatch spray cans?

Hi all! I'm about to repaint a class 402 EMU into BR Dutch livery (yes I know they never carried the livery) after looking through many paint suppliers Railmatch look the best. Has anyone got experience with Railmatch spray cans? And will they produce a decent finsish?

Thanks in advance....Matthew

Hi all! I'm about to repaint a class 402 EMU into BR Dutch livery (yes I know they never carried the livery) after looking through many paint suppliers Railmatch look the best. Has anyone got experience with Railmatch spray cans? And will they produce a decent finsish?

Thanks in advance....Matthew

The issue I have is cleaning them after use to stop the nozzle bunging up, they do need shaking for a long time too before use, a few light sprays works best for me.

Simon

OK Thanks a lot, you say the nozzles get blocked? Would wiping it with some sort off cleaning fluid sort it? And giving it a good shake will build some muscle not a problem. One last thing as the loco is currently in BR green am I best priming over the green or doing a complete strip down?

Thanks again Matthew

Edited by Fendt939

Nozzles blocking after use is a known issue - if you use the sprays a lot, it wouldn't hurt to get a can of airbrush cleaner. Pop the nozzle on and give a short spray through to keep it clean.

You can get spare nozzles.

@crompton33 Interesting I guess cleaning them after use will solve any issues, are Phoenix spray cans any better?

I Don't know as i use a Airbrush these days . The only can's  i use  are Primer cans from Halfords.

@crompton33 ah right, I don't want or need to do resprays that often so purchasing a airbrush isn't really worth it for me. I have a Humbrol Airbrush but can't get it to spray decently not sure if its just cause its super cheap or it's just me

Excellent paint but the nozzles are prone to blocking with dried paint.As has been said,cliean with celluose thinners.I pull the yellow nozzle out of the spray head & thoroughly clean all paint from  it & push a pin or piece of wire into the nozzle to clear the dried paint out.

Ray.

@pm47079...What does that do then?

It stops the varnish especially from settling on the bottom and staying there. It may not be scientific but i haven’t had to bin the cans so early due to the varnish settling in the bottom of can and seemingly going solid

OK guys, I'm gonna go with them, hopefully it'll turn out ok. I will defiantly store them upside down and clean the nozzles.

So thanks again all

This ends this topic!

Edited by Fendt939

Nozzles blocking after use is a known issue - if you use the sprays a lot, it wouldn't hurt to get a can of airbrush cleaner. Pop the nozzle on and give a short spray through to keep it clean.

You can get spare nozzles.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a STANDARD fitting nowadays - so popping the nozzle on ain't as simple as it used to be !!