D&RGW On3 locos painted by Brian Coldicott for sale

Hello,

I had to sell my large ON3 layout a few years back, but kept most of the locos and some stock. My next ON3 layout will be an Inglenook type project and so having  seven ON3 locos seems a bit excessive.

So just to say that I have at least two DCC fitted ON3 locos for sale. They are both SOUND equipped with Tsunami sound chips, but most importantly they have been painted by award-winning modeller Brian Coldicott.

They have working headlights and marker lights and cab lights. They are...............

i) Balboa D&RGW C21 outside framed 2-8-0 - remotored and some added detail painted as #44 in my private road COLORADO & WESTERN

ii) Overland C&S 2-6-0 # 22 painted in my porivate road as # 21 in COLORADO & WESTERN livery

Photos to follow .....

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Photos to follow

...followed by eye-watering prices!

(I hope, given the quality and provenance of the models, that the prices are eye-watering.)

• RMweb Premium

In a fictitious livery? Surely that massively devalues them?

Isn't there still a classified forum for this? Genuine question, not fussed as I just look at latest posts.

Yes, I would agree that a fictitious livery does detract slightly, but hopefully not massively! For anyone interested they are on ebay now.

Here are some photos of the C21 ...

post-4476-0-19815800-1528300948_thumb.jpg

post-4476-0-13145200-1528301023_thumb.jpg

post-4476-0-03775800-1528301061_thumb.jpg

And the C&S 2-6-0 .......

post-4476-0-12071800-1528300978_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

In a fictitious livery? Surely that massively devalues them?

As regards the C&S 2-6-0 , the livery and numbering are 100% except for the word 'WESTERN' replacing 'SOUTHERN' - so a relatively easy swap.

The C21 would require all lettering and numbering being removed.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does eBay tell you how many watchers the locos have? I sold quite a rare loco recently and there were several watchers after only a few minutes, presumably because the Keywords in the title and description had been flagged up to those wishing to be notified when such an item appeared.

Does eBay tell you how many watchers the locos have? I sold quite a rare loco recently and there were several watchers after only a few minutes, presumably because the Keywords in the title and description had been flagged up to those wishing to be notified when such an item appeared.

Yes, but a lot of watchers do just that - watch!  My theory is that many people 'watch' because they have a similar model and want to get an idea of what their own model is worth! 

I watch listings for a few reasons.... one is to see if an item sells but also if it gets reduced.

Good luck

I have actually reduced two of them today and I'll keep reducing them until they sell.

I'll keep 3 or 4 of them for old time's sake, but I can't afford to keep 6/7 expensive locos in a showcase when I don't model in that gauge any more.

But I am open to offers!!!!

The C16 still has the old PFM sound equipment - I never got around to having it converted to DCC and I realise that is a problem and so have knocked that one down quite a bit - it would be easy enough to convert to DCC sound - Mick Moignard is the best man for the job, he converted my other ones.

• 2 weeks later...

The C16 Bumblebee, the C&S 2-6-0 and the Custom Brass C21 have now all gone.

That just leaves the upgraded, super detailed, DCC, Soundtraxxed Balboa C21.

I don't have room to display this model any more and so I would like to sell it - no point in keeping a loco like that in a box 24/7. So I have reduced the BIN price to make it more attractive - but I'm still open to offers.