Tyneside 1937 3rd Rail Electric Stock - Skinley Drawings

North Eastern

• 2 years later...

I'm not sure why you are so desperate to locate Skinley drawings. From what I recall, in the dark days when their blueprints were almost the sole source of drawings for a huge range of subjects, their quality and accuracy was often called into question, on a par with the Roche series and R W Rush's output. I seem to remember that the drawings were a bit broad brush, the reproduction method resulting in thick lines, at least a 4mm scale.

I hope you have K Hoole's Oakwood Press book, The North Eastern Electrics, which has numerous NER drawings and photographs, although not, admittedly, the Dia 100 Motor Parcels Van (with fish compartment) or the Dia 175 Motor Third. If you want those particular designs, the North Eastern Railway Association publishes a series of books covering the majority of NER rolling stock, at an extremely modest cost, probably less than trying to procure a single Skinley drawing on the black market! I'm not sure which of the four books covers the electric stock, I suspect volumes 2, 3 and 4 of the passenger stock series, as the applicable drawing numbers are well scattered, from 90 to 281!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...