Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Pylons .

3 hours ago, pharrc20 said:

Yep thats the one but I agree it does look that bit different on the tower peak and lower cross bracing too. So may be it is the non diagrammed L3 version?

Cheers Paul

Odd, how it has never been categorised or diagramed!

Kind regards, Felix

1 hour ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

I think you’ll find that that BICC L6 is actually a L6M. Same design though. I have some plans for the L6M D30 and D2 if anyone interested please let me know.

best regards, Matthew 

Ohh, I never knew that! 

I would be very much interested in these plans!! Would it be okay if you could email them to me?

Kind regards, Felix

1 hour ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

Very simple story there, the L2 line came first and then they decided to build a L6 line through the L2 line. So the L2 line meets the L6s where the change from twin to quad conductors happens (the rather over engineered L6 in the background).

Ahh I see, I thought it would be something like that. 

Probably inconjunction with the construction of the M69

12 hours ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

Does anyone have any JL EVE L6 plans as that’s the last set I need, I have Balfour Beatty, BICC, Blaw Knox and most of the L6M designs but I just need these ones to complete the set.

best regards, Matthew 

No sorry, I'm trying to get hold of them too. 

Would it be okay if you could email me or DM me your BK plans? And any BICC/BB plans that you haven't sent me? 

If you could, I would be very grateful.

Kind regards, Felix

Edited by L2's are great!

13 hours ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

Does anyone have any JL EVE L6 plans as that’s the last set I need, I have Balfour Beatty, BICC, Blaw Knox and most of the L6M designs but I just need these ones to complete the set.

best regards, Matthew 

This might be useful.1CE63C17-757F-4224-A66F-FD632AF70667.jpeg.516444a39b076fe4523c1648061d37d9.jpeg

15 hours ago, L2's are great! said:

Does anyone know if there are plans for this DT tower? As I see it a lot in L6 BB and BICC lines but it looks more like L12

Untitled_3.png.927a93d1e87b0021a7a0076dce9e7f6c.png

I have a plan for the standard version but not the one with the extended top cross arms. Of there’s any more L12 designs you need let me know.

7 hours ago, L2's are great! said:

Rather odd to see an L6 BICC D30 used as a single...

Untitled.png

It’s an L6M D30. Before Ferrybridge C was built the line would’ve been Balfour Beatty L6s right up to where it meets with the other 2 lines.

best regards, Matthew 

427D7374-B6D5-4859-87CC-B070EE1F561A.png

8 hours ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

I have a plan for the standard version but not the one with the extended top cross arms. Of there’s any more L12 designs you need let me know.

It’s an L6M D30. Before Ferrybridge C was built the line would’ve been Balfour Beatty L6s right up to where it meets with the other 2 lines.

best regards, Matthew 

427D7374-B6D5-4859-87CC-B070EE1F561A.png

Cheers mate, I will do!

What is the difference between L6M and BICC??

Kind regards, Felix

36 minutes ago, L2's are great! said:

Cheers mate, I will do!

What is the difference between L6M and BICC??

Kind regards, Felix

With the D2 tower there’s pretty much nothing. With the D10/30 I believe the tops are slightly different (the L6M being more pointy) and the D60 has a different shape and smaller peak at the top. I’ll find some pics and do some comparisons. As for DTs and DJTs they would’ve used L12- an example of this is at Bramford.

best regards, Matthew 

1 hour ago, L2's are great! said:

Oh wow, that looks like a fantastic read.

Is it still available??

Kind regards, Felix

Might be as second hand but not as new I’d think. I have been through my L6M plans too and have found super detailed drawings of the D tower, I have the same for a Balfour Beatty one too.

best regards, Matthew