Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Pylons .

1 hour ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

Are these in Scotland by any chance? If so I know the line you mean, they are very odd!

best regards, Matthew 

Yes indeed they are in Scotland!! I feel like they could be an L3c prototype line 

Kind regards, Felix

Edited by L2's are great!

52 minutes ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

Or it could be like the Beauly-Denny line and have hybrid towers.

best regards, Matthew 

Ahh yes it could be, are you talking about those shorter L12 hybrid towers with slightly wider corssarms?

Kind regards, Felix

On 03/10/2019 at 20:24, L2's are great! said:

Hi guys, Felix here. I found what looks like a L3c hybrid line, what do you think of these deviation towers in particular??

Untitled1.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled.png

These seem to be a hybrid design. The D2 towers do look similar to the L3c D2. But these D10 to D60 towers are something else and though I haven't seen this Scottish line myself I have seen these deviation towers elsewhere and to me D10, D30 and D60 versions exist but no sign of any D90s but there is a DT/DT90

Cheers Paul

On 03/10/2019 at 20:32, L2's are great! said:

Strange looking L2/3 DT

Untitled.png

They do some strange things with the L2 DT range of towers north of the border. Strange thing is from what I saw when tracing the Scottish supergrid there didn't seem to be any L2 DJT tee towers.

Cheers Paul

I just visited the area, that is an L3 DT that originally served that hybrid line, but has been re-purposed to serve a diverted line using some L8's.

best regards, Matthew

Ahh, wondered why it looked odd, 

Kind regards, Felix

48 minutes ago, pharrc20 said:

These seem to be a hybrid design. The D2 towers do look similar to the L3c D2. But these D10 to D60 towers are something else and though I haven't seen this Scottish line myself I have seen these deviation towers elsewhere and to me D10, D30 and D60 versions exist but no sign of any D90s but there is a DT/DT90

Cheers Paul

Thanks for that info Paul, To me it looked like the L3c D towers were out of place, and weirdly that D60 type have been used as D10 towers along that line

Kind regards, Felix

9 hours ago, L2's are great! said:

Thanks for that info Paul, To me it looked like the L3c D towers were out of place, and weirdly that D60 type have been used as D10 towers along that line

Kind regards, Felix

If it’s to do with that one at the substation it’s because it was rerouted. The line also has a lot of mini substations along the way too.

best regards, Matthew 

5 hours ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

If it’s to do with that one at the substation it’s because it was rerouted. The line also has a lot of mini substations along the way too.

best regards, Matthew 

Oh I see, that makes more sense! I noticed that too about the substations.

Kind regards, Felix

I found this rather sorry looking L2 D40EC outside Oswestry. Completely isolated with no other L2s in sight.

0693AF04-F2C7-4A24-953F-5AB4EDD3273A.png

I remember this one as passed by it some years ago and thought what the bleep is that doing there lol

Cheers Paul 

34 minutes ago, pharrc20 said:

I remember this one as passed by it some years ago and thought what the bleep is that doing there lol

Cheers Paul 

I saw it some years ago too and I didn’t believe it either. I guess it was part of a now mothballed PL16 line that’s been singled and replaced with poles.

best regards, Matthew 

4 hours ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

I found this rather sorry looking L2 D40EC outside Oswestry. Completely isolated with no other L2s in sight.

0693AF04-F2C7-4A24-953F-5AB4EDD3273A.png

Oh wow never seen that before, might have been a planned L2 line which never got the go ahead

Kind regards, Felix

1 hour ago, L2's are great! said:

Oh wow never seen that before, might have been a planned L2 line which never got the go ahead

Kind regards, Felix

It could be, but it also shows that it ran on a now singled PL16 line that has been given the ‘polon’ treatment.

best regards, Matthew 

4 minutes ago, L2's are great! said:

Where was its exact location?? I cant find it on the a495

Here’s the link, of it doesn’t work then a description is below:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/52.866393,+-3.030115/@52.8664824,-3.0300908,18z/data=!3m1!1e3

Just outside Oswestry, near a roundabout with a substation to the left and then follow the road south and it should be to the right hand side.