It's looking good Chris.

Having returned from dog walking this morning, part of which was along canal path I wish it had been in as good as condition as yours.

There were brambles, grass and assorted other undergrowth all encroaching onto it.

Yes I know in your timeframe it was probably better controlled but it does give you an idea as to what they would have had to contended.

Anyway doing a grand job keeping the OCD in check.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Really looking good Chris and it's great to see you getting busy with Warren once more. For some reason this dropped off my follow list around the time we had the last batch of advertising that blocked the page controls.

Greenery is about to become a challenge with my layout too, but I've plenty of excuses yet! 

Enjoyed the Jerry Anderson retrospective, all that got revived in the 70s when I was a kid too, as did Blue Peter's Tracy island. 

Of course those shows inspired lots of childhood games of the "Bang you're dead!" variety, (I'm not dead, I'm a tank!) 

There was an abandoned farm on the edge of the village with a couple of very rusty old cars dumped side by side (An Austin Devon and Wolseley 6/90 no less) and these became variously SPV's, Shado's, Starsky and Hutch's Ford or Kojak's Buick as the mood took us.

All bulldozed and built over now of course, bar one area and when I went visiting last Christmas, Miss R and I took a walk through there. The big oak tree clearly hadn't been climbed in years, the wooden steps and tyre on a rope long gone. There was a group of young children up there though, sitting silently on a bench, staring at their phones! 

Whilst on the subject of 60s sci-fi puppetry, does that impressive rack full of trains disappear into the layout at the flick of a switch, a la Stingray?

Anything could happen in the next half hour! 

• Like 11

Nature is as nature does and it's all looking very realistic, so much so that I realise that my own greenery is far too uniform and I need to improve the untidiness of it all.

I think that you should be very pleased with it, I keep going back to the pictures to see how you built up the layers.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Nature is as nature does and it's all looking very realistic

Thanks Rob

42 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I keep going back to the pictures to see how you built up the layers.

I’m happy to list the ‘ingredients’ and ‘recipe’ if it helps although most of it was ‘throw it on and cross my fingers’

I’ve recently started to us woodland scenics ‘scenic glue S190’ instead of PVA and I must say it’s good stuff

I only started using it because if you use an adhesive that contains PVA near where you intend to add realistic water it reacts and makes the water cloudy. Apparently this doesn’t contain PVA and woodland scenics state it is compatible probably just a sales pitch to buy their products but it’s very good and does actually dry clear

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with woodland scenics but if they wish to do so please make cheques payable to…..

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Ponthir28 said:

Not too much for me. But if the right hand side if not being grazed. A little wildflower colour would look good in my humble opinion.

I do intend to deposit a hand full of ‘sheeps’ on that side where it levels out but I had considered some wild flowers (no idea how to do that though really)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

I do intend to deposit a hand full of ‘sheeps’ on that side where it levels out but I had considered some wild flowers (no idea how to do that though really)

Apparently finely grated children's wax crayons are good at representing flowers, not that I've ever done it myself.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Rowsley17D said:

Apparently finely grated children's wax crayons are good at representing flowers, not that I've ever done it myself.

I’ve seen that too but no idea how to apply it without over doing it

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, chuffinghell said:

I’ve seen that too but no idea how to apply it without over doing it

I think (and stand to be corrected by those who know or have remembered better) that you make individual grass tufts with static grass, apply a little PVA to the tuft ends and dip in the grated crayon. Best to experiment, I think.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2