Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Model Rail is requesting quality Mk2a pictures in Reg Rail

Hi,

Reposted on here, from Twitter :

Can anyone supply good quality pix of Regional Railways Mk 2a coaches?

Please contact ben.jones@bauermedia.co.uk asap please!

Regards, Michel

This could be an interesting development.............

Please excuse my ignorance, what is a Mk2a, is it the one that Hornby or Bachmann produce ?

My reason for asking is to try to work out if we're looking at a completely new model appearing at some point or a relivery of an exisiting item ?

I'm hoping for Air-conditioned Mk2's at some point but don't know if its Mk2a's that I'm wanting or not.

Thanks,

Dave

Mark 2a are the pressure venation type which Bachmann make and is part of there range the air-cons are MK2d MK2e and MK2f. I Think MK2c are two ends plus centre door on the tso with flourscente lights and air-con designed but not fitted with the MK2a are just end doors with MK2b with a centre plus end doors. Hope that helps

A quick summary of Mk2s

Mk2 (sometimes shown as Mk2Z due to the tops code eg AA1Z, AC2Z)

Mostly Vac breaking, sliding end door, three doors per side and toilets at one end only on TSO. Dual heat.

Mk2a

Mostly air breaking, folding end doors, three doors per side and toilets at one end only on TSO. Dual heat.

Mk2b

AB only, red folding end doors, Wrap round end doors only and one toilet inboard of each door on TSO. Dual heat.

Mk2c

The same as Mk2b but with interior roof designer for Air Con Ducts, later built ones had single piece toilet windows and fewer roof mounted ventilators

Mk2D

Air only, ETH only, Air Con, narrow windows, large toilets.

Mk2E

Air only, ETH only, Air Con, narrow windows, small toilets with luggage rack opposite, fawn folding end doors

Mk2F

Air only, ETH only, Air Con, narrow windows, small toilets with luggage rack opposite, fawn folding end doors. Most had IC70 (HST) seats from new, most had Temp Ltd Air con from new which had one big A/C fan instead of two smaller ones on previous Stones equipped coaches.

As for photos the 1993 platform 5 combined edition has a very good photos of an AB1A (BFK) in RR including the end detailing. From memory the painters tended to follow the guidelines faily closely on the full repaints, unlike the earlier provincial/TP livery

Archived