No movement through points.

Hello,

I`ve had a slight change in my track layout and have installed two new points on two of the boards but have created a problem I`m struggling to solve.

The points are situated back to back at a board join ( not across it )

One is a RH turnout with the through track meeting the  turnout of a LH point ( if that makes sense ) therefore having the switched frogs meeting at the board join.

The LH point works fine with the loco passing through the point and turning out when required after switching frog polarity ( all live frog )

The RH point works only when I`ve reversed the track feed at the feed in position and then dead shorts when it crosses to the other board.

My system uses micro switches to change LED  lights to give point setup and a toggle switch for frog polarity change.

The whole layout has 20 points and two diamond crossings on it which have all worked fine.

I`m sure the answer is staring me in the face but I`ve tried every combination of swapping connections I can think of with no joy and to date cannot get a loco to pass through these two sets of  points.

They are handbuilt points on copperclad sleepers and I`ve done all the checks for things that might cause a short.

The annoying thing is, two other bits of track on the layout are similar to the problem pair of points and they work fine.

I followed the wiring on those but to no avail.

Hopefully my description of the problem makes sense to someone and they can tell me which mistake I`ve made.

Many thanks ,

Jim.

Did you perhaps swap the frog feeds?

Hello Spitfire,

Thanks for your suggestion. If I feed the power in at the toe end of the RH turn out the same as the rest of the layout I get a total power loss.As I said before, something is staring me in the face  but nothing has clicked yet.

A layout diagram marked with the electrical feeds might help the sparkies in our midst...

steve

Hi Steve, thanks for that suggestion. I must admit, I thought just switching frog polarity would do the job. I have a holiday coming up so will have to leave a diagram till later.

Many thanks.