small station building floor plan

sir douglas

ive just started on a station building for my layout, only got as far as cutting out a cardboard net to fold up into the skeleton of the building but then it came to drawing windows and doors but im not sure how many and where to put them without first working out a general internal layout, my building is 10 x 30ft, i know there'll be a main booking hall with a ticket booth which would obviously have a staff room behind, there would be a lady's waiting room maybe with its own WC and an outside gents can go on one end of the building. what arrangement would they be in and if theres something ive missed

so, im looking for floor plans or list of rooms for branch line, light railway and narrow gauge station buildings, something about the size of the building at Tywyn Wharf on the Talyllyn or Bodiam on the K&ESR

Sam.

Why not look at the Colonel Stephens Society website, where there are plenty of drawings of the buildings on the K&ESR?  However, you should note that although the smaller ones were your 30 feet long, they were some 19 feet deep, rather more than your current allowance, which will upset the roof proportions.

http://colonelstephenssociety.co.uk/light%20railway%20modelling/light%20railway%20modelling%20keslr.html

http://colonelstephenssociety.co.uk/colonel%20stephens%20society%20drawings%20service-35/index.html

The smallest station is Damens on the Worth Valley

It has a waiting area and ticket window never been there long enough to see if there are WC facilities.

Ingrow West might be ideal plan. To the right side of the entrance hallway is the tickets and staff area, left side a ladies waiting room with a small extension to the north side with gents loo. Other buildings exist for storage.