DCC Wiring

ddoherty958

These are the dog’s danglies of turntables.

http://www.admturntables.com

If you are building something like a loco shed layout they win hands down.

Next I suggest you look here

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/16799-rtr-turntables-for-00-whats-out-there/

Then come back and ask again if you still have questions.

Best

John K

Edited by John K

• RMweb Gold

It depends if you are wanting to operate it using your DCC controller,, manually or via other electrical means. As its been posted in the DCC area you may not get the answers you are looking for.

Cheapest manual turntable is probably the Dapol (£8), followed by the Peco & Hornby ones (£50) (which can be motorized (£40+)), then you go for the much more expensive Fleischmann (sell a limb), Heljan (sell a kidney) and ADM (sell your soul) types. If you also look for HO scale turntables, you get the Bachmann US types and several ones from the US which might be better/cheaper. 

Good luck

Ian

It depends if you are wanting to operate it using your DCC controller,, manually or via other electrical means. As its been posted in the DCC area you may not get the answers you are looking for.

Cheapest manual turntable is probably the Dapol (£8), followed by the Peco & Hornby ones (£50) (which can be motorized (£40+)), then you go for the much more expensive Fleischmann (sell a limb), Heljan (sell a kidney) and ADM (sell your soul) types. If you also look for HO scale turntables, you get the Bachmann US types and several ones from the US which might be better/cheaper.

Good luck

Ian

Thanks. I think I’ll look into a Dapol turntable, motorised of course.

In my opinion it is unrealsitic in looks and in manner of operation. The Heljan Unit is worth looking at. http://www.hattons.co.uk/53242/Heljan_89121_27_4_metre_90ft_Motorised_turntable_ready_for_installation_For_HO_OO_scales_DCC/StockDetail.aspx

Harold.

That looks good, but I’ll need to save for a bit! Even when I was young the thing putting me off was the weirdness and complexity of the wiring (for a 10 year old). If Hornby made a remote like unit to control it and improved the looks it woul be a more attractive option for modellers.

That looks good, but I’ll need to save for a bit! Even when I was young the thing putting me off was the weirdness and complexity of the wiring (for a 10 year old). If Hornby made a remote like unit to control it and improved the looks it woul be a more attractive option for modellers.

There's nothing difficult/complex about the Heljan TT wiring - it says DCC Ready but does not need a chip adding.  Just two power feeders from the Track Bus to the supplied control panel and connect the two wires from the turntable to the control panel - the instruction manual shows how.  The most difficult part of installation is cutting an accurate hole in the baseboard to take the well.

There's nothing difficult/complex about the Heljan TT wiring - it says DCC Ready but does not need a chip adding. Just two power feeders from the Track Bus to the supplied control panel and connect the two wires from the turntable to the control panel - the instruction manual shows how. The most difficult part of installation is cutting an accurate hole in the baseboard to take the well.

Yeah but unfortunately due to finer research it is not for me :(. The turntables on the L&LSR line were the length of a tank engine and no more. Alas!