Functions on the Hornby R8213 Select DCC Digital Controller

VicZA

Hi All,

I have recently purchased a used R8213 controller and have been using it quite successfully except for one thing ... I cannot activate Function 9 onwards as the train I have has got quite a few functions. Also, I have no idea how you would activate function 10 onwards ... do you need to press all 3 buttons at the same time?

Thanks

Victor

Hi All,

I have recently purchased a used R8213 controller and have been using it quite successfully except for one thing ... I cannot activate Function 9 onwards as the train I have has got quite a few functions. Also, I have no idea how you would activate function 10 onwards ... do you need to press all 3 buttons at the same time?

Thanks

Victor

Hi Victor,

You say it is used that could be the problem. The early selects only had the ability to do 8 functions and no more. The new version can do 28. Hornby do an upgrade for the select. If you ring customer services they'll ask you to post it to them and they update the software for it. There is a charge for this I believe. Hope this helps.

• RMweb Gold

As mentioned it needs to be on the latest software version (1.5) to use all 28 functions. When you power up the Select it should display a two digit number telling you the version, if it doesn't say 15 then contact Hornby and arrange to get it updated. (Costs about £15 + postage I believe).