RMweb

refuelling yard

Guest NorthernRail

Guest NorthernRail

This is my first micro layout in oo gauge the size of the base is 28”x9” which still needs the back and side boards fitted. The layout will encorporate scenery such as grass,shrubs,foliage and trees. The track I am going to use is Peco setrack 100 code with a right hand point. There will be a little halt station and a concrete lineside hut and a road for access to both. I’m going to put a home signal around the area of the halt station. A picture of my baseboard so far.post-34942-0-57065100-1535635351_thumb.jpeg

Edited by NorthernRail

Guest NorthernRail

Sounds a good idea. How does the point fit into the plan?

The layout will run from left to right, the right hand point will be towards the middle of the layout with a siding branching off. I have made a quick scetch.post-34942-0-06923300-1535642365_thumb.jpeg

Guest NorthernRail

Sounds like a good project. May I ask what style of halt you are building? Like a railbus halt or one with a platform and a shelter?

Luke it’s the halt kit with the shelter but instead I will only be using one platform ramp and utilising a grounded van for starage on the platform.

Guest NorthernRail

The sketch looks very detailed. Are you going to be able to run on one side and off the other? (i.e. is the halt a through station?)

Thank you for the comments I can if I want use it as a through station but I am more than happy leaving as is I got the idea from Chris Nevards layout in a box.

Guest NorthernRail

After some deliberation I have changed the title and the theme of this layout I am modelling. The modelling is still in oo gauge but the emphasis is based around Diesel engines and refuelling. I have uploaded a picture of the progress I have made with layout. The track is layed and I have started on modelling the rock face which still needs a few more layers of cardboard then paper machete over the top of this.

post-34942-0-41767500-1535907401_thumb.jpeg

Guest NorthernRail

Sorry I am scrapping this layout as it’s still to big for my liking I want to concentrate on modelling a single track plank which I have planned for a while now. More to follow in a new post.:)