Bachmann class 150/2 northern and Gwr new livery

piranha230

Well if they haven't planned for that, I hope they just go ahead with it anyway. They haven't announced any /1 models for years, and I think that might be because people complained the under frame was inaccurate... If there strategy is to suspended models which would be inaccurate, i'd personally rather have the inaccurate model than none at all.

It would make sense. Was hoping I'd see an original as new sprinter running man 150/2 before not too long but may never happen if tooling is changed.

Original tooling does not include the centre door window, so this livery cannot be recreated in an accurate way currently.

Original tooling does not include the centre door window, so this livery cannot be recreated in an accurate way currently.

Yes, I appreciate that but I could live with the full metal fly screen rather than the original clear Perspex one if it meant me getting a running man 150/2. They played a big part of the of the Northern scene in the 80's, and my layout is missing this important item. Fingers crossed for one in the near future.

Yes, I appreciate that but I could live with the full metal fly screen rather than the original clear Perspex one if it meant me getting a running man 150/2. They played a big part of the of the Northern scene in the 80's, and my layout is missing this important item. Fingers crossed for one in the near future.

Indeed they did 6 car Class 150\2 units running Scarborough to Holyhead and Liverpool was fun. Some units got up to a speedo indicated 85mph on some runs

Indeed they did 6 car Class 150\2 units running Scarborough to Holyhead and Liverpool was fun. Some units got up to a speedo indicated 85mph on some runs

Can remember it well. Me and my mate used to ride about on West Yorkshire Metro day rovers when we were kids. Sometimes we'd 'forget' to get off at Leeds and 'have' to go out of West Yorkshire through to York. We loved standing in the gangway peering in to an intermediate cab to see how fast we were going down Church Fenton bank and on to Colton Junction. Often about 80mph was shown which is only 5mph over the permitted speed, but to us boys, it was great because it was naughty! Of course there were no spy in the cabs (OTMR) back then or speed guns, so the only chance the driver would be caught would be if a Traction Inspector was back cabbing. Great times!

Interestingly, on the subject of 150's and speedo's, 150273 52 vehicle is odd, in having the only speedo dial on a 14x/15x with Northern, that goes up to 120mph. All others have 100mph.

Edited by 66738

• 2 weeks later...

I meant to say I do hope they alter the tooling and get rid of the toilet window because for £250 the northern and Gwr units would look silly if they left the toilet window in place, they could probably add slides to the tooling and put the cab front door window in on the class 150/2 and do the original livery, and I think a rerun of the purple and blue northern livery would sell well.

The previous loco hauled trains were fun. The Sprinters were just plain rancid !

I never got the chance to ride the loco ( mainly class 37 ) hauled trains with 4 or 5 mk2A coaches or 4 mk2As + 1 x mk1 coaches on the North Wales Coast Line.

I can imagine that would have been quite an experience especially if there were 2 x 37s on the front thrashing away on the basis of 1 being transferred as a positioning move.

Not actually that much thrash on the north wales coast as it’s pretty flat. The Blackpool - Vic runs were decent and there was a rather nice round robin working which if memory serves me was Vic - Liverpool - Preston with a 31/4.

• 2 weeks later...

Can remember it well. Me and my mate used to ride about on West Yorkshire Metro day rovers when we were kids. Sometimes we'd 'forget' to get off at Leeds and 'have' to go out of West Yorkshire through to York. We loved standing in the gangway peering in to an intermediate cab to see how fast we were going down Church Fenton bank and on to Colton Junction. Often about 80mph was shown which is only 5mph over the permitted speed, but to us boys, it was great because it was naughty! Of course there were no spy in the cabs (OTMR) back then or speed guns, so the only chance the driver would be caught would be if a Traction Inspector was back cabbing. Great times!

Interestingly, on the subject of 150's and speedo's, 150273 52 vehicle is odd, in having the only speedo dial on a 14x/15x with Northern, that goes up to 120mph. All others have 100mph.

Progress - you also get some passengers now onboard, using their phones to see how fast trains are going....