Newman Miniatures: N and 00 Scale 3D-Printed Scratch Aids

8 hours ago, Killian keane said:

flabbergasting the level of detail you've managed to get on a loco the size of a rivet head, (even more flabbergasting that some are dissatisfied, let them try and scratchbuild to that standard!) well done!

Ah, some people!  Almost as bad as those other people with their passive aggressive posts!

• Agree 2

• 1 month later...

One of my latest designs is now ready for test-printing, and is the first to come with a supporting parts set. This means builders can choose to scratch-build their own fine detail or use the ready-to-fit components for simpler construction. It even comes with its own period-clothed crew!

The question is, can anyone guess the prototype engine...?

#Loco1Parts.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Delighted to announce the release of my latest locomotive design - Richard Trevithick's Coalbrookdale Engine of 1802.  Three versions are now available, comprising 00 kit (able to be built either static or working), N Gauge static-only and N Gauge working.  Yes, a 3cm long micro-model with working gears!

As with all models in the range these are available from https://www.shapeways.com/shops/newman-miniatures, while a second video is also on our YouTube channel detailing construction tips. 

Edited by Rudititanic
  • Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6

10 hours ago, sem34090 said:

I don't suppose you could shoot that up to 7mm?

It's possible; PM me and we can certainly discuss.

7 hours ago, Antonio_jose said:

Por fin he tenido un poco de tiempo para empezar con este interesante proyecto

Looks lovely so far - hope you're enjoying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

Locomotion looks excellent in N.  I would love to see it revised, the way Derwent was, for OO.

Thanks; appropriate to have it ready for testing on the S&DR's 194th anniversary: 

As for a finer-scale 00 version, once things have settle down here a bit I can look into it.  Lots to finish in the meantime though!

• Like 4

Following on from the photos and video, Locomotion No. 1 is now available in N and 00 - Now released: https://www.shapeways.com/product/Q4EAX89YA/n-gauge-locomotion-no-1-loco-scratch-aid (part 1 of 3 as an example).

A construction video has also been released to offer tips and show that it really is not as difficult as it may look! 

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

And I should add that if anyone here reads the Railway Magazine's sister free publication aimed generally at being a railway modeller's newspaper, Dr Newman here gets a mention quite early on in the current issue, complete with a nice photo on his workbench of an N Gauge Derwent...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sem34090 said:

And I should add that if anyone here reads the Railway Magazine's sister free publication aimed generally at being a railway modeller's newspaper, Dr Newman here gets a mention quite early on in the current issue, complete with a nice photo on his workbench of an N Gauge Derwent...

Indeed I was rather pleased to see that.  :D