Anyone else using DCC++

It seems to have a good following in the US but I was wondering if anyone else is using it in the UK? Given the basic Arduino plus motor shield is less than £20 it’s definitely the cheapest way to get into DCC, that said I’ve added a stand alone WiFi Network and some fancy connectors to mine and there’s provision for a Raspberry Pi so I can fully automate it later on. Attached are a couple of pictures of what I’ve made.

post-34993-0-37125700-1536511705_thumb.jpeg

post-34993-0-36918000-1536511728_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Rob H

I did build one and got it working, but more the just because I could reason than to actually use it, but if my Sprog3 bit the dust then I would use it.

Its a good solution for not a lot of money that does just what it says on the tin and more 

• RMweb Premium

Have no idea what DCC++ is but I admire your craftmanship!

Hi,

This side of DCC (i.e. a DIY approach) but I also wonder if the title 'DCC++" is also a bit of an insider joke?  I did some IT study back in the days when the 'cool' language to use was C++.

Just a thought.

Regards,

Alex.

Have no idea what DCC++ is but I admire your craftmanship!

It’s an open source DCC controller which anyone can build using an Arduino and a bit of electronics / software knowledge. I’ve just added a pretty box and WiFi so I can control my trains from my iPhone.

• Like 1

I'm just waiting for my Arduino, motor shield and some cheap, basic decoders to turn up in the post so I can have a go. I've already got an old laptop, running Lubuntu, that I can dedicate to the task.

The DCC++ does relate to the fact that the coding is in C++. I did some coding in C+ a couple of decades ago so I'm moderately comfortable with the idea.

PatB, the only changes I made to the code was to manually set the IP address rather than have it automatically assigned, this made fault finding the network side also easier as I knew what address I was trying to reach and I also set some of the extra pins on the Mega to control points / turnouts

• Like 1

Hi guys

DCC++ work very well and yo can find more project on Bodnar site.

Last month i build a DCC++ wireless to work with Roco IOS application and tyhis way you can controll your trains with your smatphone

Arduino has now a Mega with wifi  ( https://robotdyn.com/mega-wifi-r3-atmega2560-esp8266-flash-32mb-usb-ttl-ch340g-micro-usb.html ) and with a motor shield or ethernet shield you can build

a wireless system or ethernet syste wit a router