Workshopwise 2018

Axlebox

Its October (nearly)...so it must be time for...WORKSHOPWISE 2018.

A day of practical modelling demonstrations from the members of the NE & Borders Area Group of the EM Gauge Society...with some rather nice layouts, a handful of traders and the very best exhibition catering...but don't just take my word for it...

Whatever your scale/gauge combination you'll get a warm welcome.

Saturday 13th October

10:30 to 4:30

Stannington Village Hall

Morpeth

NE61 6EL

Entrance £3 (yes, just three pounds)

Traders include:

Tynedale Trains

Stonybridge Structures

Lanarkshire Models and Supplies

Stannington is just a couple of miles south or Morpeth in Northumberland and the village hall is round the back of the Ridley Arms public house and a stones throw from the A1. 

Still not tempted?...you (or a significant other) could easily spend an afternoon in Morpeth, not many towns still have their own department store, a vibrant high street...and of course the cheese shop with the best selection of northern cheeses anywhere...

Lastly, local author Dr Dave Dunn will be at WORKSHOPWISE projecting railway images from the Armstrong Trust collection...what better way to spend an hour than to sit back with some good coffee and cake and be transported back the days when trains had time to stop and shunt.

Did I mention it only costs £3...

...might have to rethink the wagon building demonstration I was going to do...as I've mislaid the lump of iron I was going to take...its buried in the garden somewhere, just can't remember where...and I can't do a demo without a lump of the real thing under the table...

Edited by Axlebox

...might have to rethink the wagon building demonstration I was going to do...as I've mislaid the lump of iron I was going to take...its buried in the garden somewhere, just can't remember where...and I can't do a demo without a lump of the real thing under the table...

Do you have a friend who's a detectorist?

Or is your only friend that Porcy bloke.... :beee:

See ya Saturday.

Dave.

See ya Saturday.

Dave.

See ya Saturday.

Dave.

Mr Franks, you know full well that I'm not allowed friends, Uncle Porsea is family and doesn't count!

I was in the front room yesterday, having a swift half pint, and I heard you've got a couple of product launches planned for Workshopwise this year...

Also, do you have any buffers like these in your range?

post-7975-0-87458500-1539169583_thumb.jpg

...and as for detectorists...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ViJp1Y95fI