WELTON Level Crossing NERly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

If you could get a signal post into the 6 foot it wouldn't be that much more difficult to get in a set of level crossing gates although it would be interesting to know if the arrangement was approved (or even known about?) by HMRI.  But I too wonder how there'd be room for two pairs of gates so it would be interesting to know how they were worked in order to 'fully fence the railway' when opened for road traffic.

If you could get a signal post into the 6 foot it wouldn't be that much more difficult to get in a set of level crossing gates although it would be interesting to know if the arrangement was approved (or even known about?) by HMRI.  But I too wonder how there'd be room for two pairs of gates so it would be interesting to know how they were worked in order to 'fully fence the railway' when opened for road traffic.

I'm certain it's a drawing error, as drawn techinaclyimpossible, and the gates would not meet BoT approval, which I know the actual installation did.

Attached drawing of Melton, and which I'm certain Welton apart from possibly an inch or two was identical.

post-702-0-82934700-1539714342_thumb.jpg

• Like 1