0 gauge trams

pecksniff

• RMweb Premium

Hello everybody

I finally ordered some Ivorex and have started to track my progress here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/topic/33433-mrsimons-7mm-workbench/

First tram: A Beeston Airbrake (in Yellow and Brown livery)

Next Tram: A Horsfield (in Red)

Then I'll think about some sort of track :D

Simon

• 5 months later...

In 1976 Oxford Publishing

Hi Ted,

Likeminded, yes. Would love to get involved but to date is only "armchair" interest. Resaon being I can't find any sources or other info. I would love to dabble in UK trams, (Manchester, Stockport, etc) but NOT modern ones. Have a couple of books on the real thing as well as a couple of softbacks on tramway modelling, but that is mainly 4mm 00 scale.

gresley

A book of 7mm scale drawings called British Electric Tramcar Design by R.W.Rush was published by Oxford Publishing Co back in 1976. No doubt it is now long out of print but well worth looking out for on second-hand book stalls.

In 1976 Oxford Publishing

A book of 7mm scale drawings called British Electric Tramcar Design by R.W.Rush was published by Oxford Publishing Co back in 1976. No doubt it is now long out of print but well worth looking out for on second-hand book stalls.

HSB.

I've just sent off to Amazon for this book as it looks as though it could be interesting.

Mac.

• 2 weeks later...

HSB.

I've just sent off to Amazon for this book as it looks as though it could be interesting.

Mac.

Book arrived and I'm very impressed with the contents.

I would recommend it to anyone interested in 7mm electric trams.

Mac.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mac,

Glad to hear it is still possible to get the book. I think most people interested in tramway modelling in any scale would find it of interest (I bought my own copy 30-odd years ago).

HSB

Hi Mac,

Glad to hear it is still possible to get the book. I think most people interested in tramway modelling in any scale would find it of interest (I bought my own copy 30-odd years ago).

HSB

HSB.

I read some of the drawings are not accurate; and the Terry Russell ones are far better reference material.

However: I think the book is a great find to browse through and full of ideas for modelling a variety of trams.

It doesn't worry me if some of the drawings are questionable as I'm the only one who's going to see the finished models.

Mac.

Archived