O North American Product News & Videos

mdvle

9 minutes ago, APOLLO said:

Why ? It's graffiti,

Irrelevant - it's Homer Simpson whose image is owned by however owns the Simpson's which means anyone wanting to make use of the image of Homer needs to get a license.  Technically the graffiti artist is also in trouble for IP infringement but finding the offender would seem unlikely.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Having grown up with copyright and trade marks, etc to deal with, I assure you I felt suitably uncomfortable posting Homer's pic.  If the artist had put in more hair I could have claimed he'd sprayed my portrait, but ....

I was relieved to be able to copy this off Reddit/Graffiti and hopefully Fox will be satisfied with the accuracy and (money-earning?) publicity to make them ignore it.  Their cost of taking this to court with Reddit will persuade them, for me a simple instruction to remove it would do.  RMWeb's Ts and Cs and chargeable adverts and ...?  Oh darn it, another job for tomorrow.... 

A browser link to it instead of the actual pic is always a safe bet for us.  

Jason

6 hours ago, jasond said:

Having grown up with copyright and trade marks, etc to deal with, I assure you I felt suitably uncomfortable posting Homer's pic.

There likely is no issue posting the picture - it is simply documenting a real thing.

My point regarding licensing was referencing having a model produced - Atlas/whoever would need a license to recreate that graffiti.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 months later...

Atlas - Fall 2022 - preorders due December 14th 2022

Premier - ES44AC/DC - BNSF (H2 Pumpkin), CP (Every Child Matters / Hapag-Lloyd), CN (100th Anniversary), KCS (Safety Starts Here), UP (Flagless / 2022), CSX (Western Maryland Emblem / Spirit of Cincinnati)

Premier - 4 Bay Coal Hopper - Alaska Railroad, BN, Chicago & Eastern Illinois, Conrail, DRG&W, SP, Fallen Flags 3-Pack (3-rail only - CNJ/LV/Reading)

Premier - 75' Depressed Center Flat Cars with Loads - Kasgro Rail Lines, PC, WP, P&LE, Conrail, TTX, SF

Premier - 20,000 Gallon Tank Car - Chevron, CSX, Dupont, Cargill, GATX, Olympic Coatings

Premier - Northeast Caboose - CNJ, CNW/UP, Conrail, LV, Maine Central, N&W, Reading

Master - Maxi-IV Well Car - BNSF, TTX (4 schemes)

Master - 53' Container - CSX, EMP, Swift, HUB Group, CP,

Master - 40' Steel Reefer - CNJ Ballantine Heritage, BN MOW, WFEX, Bangor and Aroostook, MDT

Trainman - 40' Hy-Cube Box Car - CSX Operation Lifesaver, GE, SP, Burlington, SF, UP

https://download.atlasrr.com/1022MCPDF/ATOOCT2022MSRPOnly.pdf

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, mdvle said:

NEW - Tangent Scale Models - first O Scale freight car - available now

THESE ARE BRASS

THESE ARE ONLY AVAILABLE DIRECT FROM TANGENT

THEY ARE ONLY AVAILABLE IN 2-Rail O and Proto-48

General American 1928 Design 6000 gallon tank car

https://www.tangentscalemodels.com/o-general-american-1928-design-6000-gallon-3-compartment-tank-car/

That's an eyewatering price per car but they do look very nice.

Jamie

• Like 1

They are very nice models. I like the fine details like the small chains underneath the chassis.

But, yes, the price is too high (for me). And it don't includes the custom fees.

I keep my "old" Intermountain and Atlas models.

Edited by JAMO

58 minutes ago, mdvle said:

They are brass which is reflected in the price.  But they are also a way for Tangent to try and judge the interest in O models - specifically 2-rail and P48 - without the risk of expensive tooling.

They might get an idea of demand in a tiny niche area of a niche interest, but not demand at the "Affordable by Mortals" end of 2-rail O. 😉

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Atlas - Winter 2023 - preorders due March 29th

Next announcement in April

Premier - PS-2 2-Bay Hopper - C&NW/CGW, Duluth Missabe & Iron Range, Full-O-Pep Feeds, Jersey Central, SP, US Borax

Premier - Coalporter - BN, CSX, David J Joseph, Pennsy, Reading & Northern, SF

Premier - 40' PS-1 Box Car with 7' Door - Cotton Belt, Maine Central, NH, EL, Port Huron & Detroit, WP

https://download.atlasrr.com/0123MCPDF/Winter2023OMSRPOnly.pdf