Loksound V4 micro next 18 - alternative outputs

Salmotrutta

I'm having some issues with a circuit board in a BEMO locomotive and trying to find a way of by passing the next18 socket for some of the AUX outputs. I have just written to ESU for information 

I'm copying it here in case it's useful to others. 

" I'm having an issue with installing this decoder in a BEMO Rhb Gmf 4/4 II 234 02.  I have contacted BEMO for information as the circuit board seems to be missing an IC resulting in the functions for AUX 3 Aux 4 & Aux 5 not working. They are available on the decoder when tested on the ESU Lokprogrammer / decoder tester so it's definitely as circuit board problem with the loco.

Are the series of solder pads by the speaker wires duplicate outputs for the decoder? I have looked in both the English (4th edition) and German (11th edition) manuals and the illustration for 54898 only gives the pin-outs for the socket itself. 

If these are indeed duplicate outputs and you have a diagram you can share it would be most appreciated!"

I am confused by your mention of Aux 5 on a Next18 sound decoder.  According to the norm (RC118), the Next18S  socket (the sound version) does not have an Aux5.  The outputs on the non-sound version (pins 7 and 16) for Aux 5 and 6 are used on the sound version for the loudspeaker connections.  You say that Aux 3 and 4 do not work; what are you trying to do with them?  They are at logic level (max 2mA); they can be used for a SUSI connection but otherwise need amplification.  Bemo presumably saw no need for that facility.

I am confused by your mention of Aux 5 on a Next18 sound decoder.  According to the norm (RC118), the Next18S  socket (the sound version) does not have an Aux5.  The outputs on the non-sound version (pins 7 and 16) for Aux 5 and 6 are used on the sound version for the loudspeaker connections.  You say that Aux 3 and 4 do not work; what are you trying to do with them?  They are at logic level (max 2mA); they can be used for a SUSI connection but otherwise need amplification.  Bemo presumably saw no need for that facility.

AUX 5 is mapped on the downloaded sound file from ESU to one of the lights as a flashing light as is AUX 6. So it's possible that the IC missing from the circuit board would be the amplifier - I'm waiting to hear back from BEMO on that. AUX5 and Aux 6 are mapped as work lights. The sound does come via the circuit board through the socket. All the functions work correctly on the ESU decoder tester so I'm assuming that it's an issue with the circuit board.  Here's a link to the ESU file:http://projects.esu.eu/projectoverviews/3?type=all&order=date&country=ch