Brake Tenders from Hornby Magazine

Indeed they are. If you live close to Stamford in south Lincolnshire, you can pop in to buy them. They're in the Industrial Estate off Ryhall Road, Gwash Way, opposite Travis Perkins. I came home with the GSYP and BFYP this afternoon, having missed out completely the first time around.

John.

• Like 1

Looking at these raises a question.

The models are fitted with non-wr pattern lamp irons. Did this also apply to those allocated to the Western Region?

TIA

Tim T

Modelling Cwm Cynon in EM

I don't know, but in any event it can't be right to have lamps at both ends, or indeed any at all if the brake tender is inside the loco next to the wagons.  I think some surgery will be needed.

John.

Edited by John Tomlinson

I don't know, but in any event it can't be right to have lamps at both ends, or indeed any at all if the brake tender is inside the loco next to the wagons.  I think some surgery will be needed.

John.

I don’t understand what you are on about.

Look at published photographs and you will see them being propelled and or behind the locomotive.

There are two reasons why propelling was stopped depending on who you listen to

1 they were being forgotten about and causing derailments on trap points and or

2 Drivers unable to heat detonators exploding

Mark Saunders

I don’t understand what you are on about.

Look at published photographs and you will see them being propelled and or behind the locomotive.

There are two reasons why propelling was stopped depending on who you listen to

1 they were being forgotten about and causing derailments on trap points and or

2 Drivers unable to heat detonators exploding

Mark Saunders

I fully understand how and why the tenders were used.

What I'm on about is that these models have lamps attached to the lamp brackets (in fact I suspect it's one mould) at both ends of the tender. If the tender was on the front, so being pushed, I can see you should have lamps at the leading end, but not at the trailing one. If the tender is between the loco and the rest of the train it shouldn't have lamps fitted at either end, just as each intermediate wagon doesn't have lamps fitted either. To be clear, I'm referring here to actual lamps, not just the brackets.

John.

• RMweb Premium

The lamps come off the brackets easily enough. The upright part of two of the brackets has a tiny hole in it which takes a spigot at the back of the lamp. Probably much harder to fit than to remove, not that I've tried fitting them back on.

The lamps come off the brackets easily enough. The upright part of two of the brackets has a tiny hole in it which takes a spigot at the back of the lamp. Probably much harder to fit than to remove, not that I've tried fitting them back on.

Hi Adrian, thanks for that, you may have saved me messing up what is rather a nice model!

John.

• Like 1