Is 91119 still in service?

TravisM

• RMweb Gold

I’ve not seen 91119 about for sometime and I was wondering if it’s still in service. I heard that one of the Class had been damaged by fire or had serious transformer issues and was at Wabtec Doncaster for assessment and probable early withdrawal. Is there any truth in this and is 91119 the loco involved?

I’ve not seen 91119 about for sometime and I was wondering if it’s still in service. I heard that one of the Class had been damaged by fire or had serious transformer issues and was at Wabtec Doncaster for assessment and probable early withdrawal. Is there any truth in this and is 91119 the loco involved?

91119 is almost fully repaired after its snow related fire damage. It moved to Doncaster today for weighing and should return to BN tomorrow for final testing and re-livery before return to service shortly.

• RMweb Gold

91119 is almost fully repaired after its snow related fire damage. It moved to Doncaster today for weighing and should return to BN tomorrow for final testing and re-livery before return to service shortly.

If BN are going to relivery 91119, it would be great to see it in “swallow” livery for its last hurrah on the ECML before moving on to pastures new.. I’m pretty sure that it’s just going to have some vinyls replaced and “patched”.

If BN are going to relivery 91119, it would be great to see it in “swallow” livery for its last hurrah on the ECML before moving on to pastures new.. I’m pretty sure that it’s just going to have some vinyls replaced and “patched”.

Watch this space, but it wont be 91119

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Should be 91001 if one goes into that scheme (91101 now I guess), that one carried the name Swallow. Quite a fitting name for a successor to the A4s actually.

Either 91101 or 131 I think should carry the swallow livery. 101 as it’s the first of the Class and get rid of that awful Flying Scotsman livery or 131 as the last truly electric passenger loco built for BR.

• RMweb Gold

Do you have a problem, 61116...